Want want want !

ProgRocker

I'm digging the new PRS SE CE 24 Satin. The red model is beautiful ! The only thing I don't like is that PRS puts the toggle too far back for my taste. I much prefer the placement on the S2 McCarty 594 Thinline. That said, how hard would it be to swap the toggle with the pot under the bridge ? Would I ruin the aesthetic as the holes are of different diameters. In any event, I think Paul has a winner with this incredibly affordable beauty.

As you mentioned, the holes for the toggle switch and the potentiometer are of different diameters. This means that you would need to enlarge the hole for the toggle switch to accommodate the potentiometer. This can be done with the right tools, but it's important to be careful to avoid damaging the guitar's finish.

I would probably try to adjust to it for a while before making a change like that. If the holes are the same size, which I am thinking they are not, then it wouldn't be all that hard to do as long as there is enough space for the toggle switch in that part of the cavity.

As you mentioned, the holes for the toggle switch and the potentiometer are of different diameters. This means that you would need to enlarge the hole for the toggle switch to accommodate the potentiometer. This can be done with the right tools, but it's important to be careful to avoid damaging the guitar's finish.

I thought it was the other way around ?? I recall the toggle hole being larger than the pot. (toggle switch had a 1/2" hole, while a pot had a 3/8"). Am I wrong, it's been awhile since I last tried this ? Either way, I should add the pots are push/pull for splitting so they'll be larger than standard pots.

And yes I agree with Jason that I should try to adjust to it before making the change, though being an old SG guy that will be hard.

It's a great looking guitar !!

PRS-SE-CE-24-Standard-Satin_top.jpg

Always welcome more affordable guitars on the market. We call them sleepers at the shop - guitars that cost under $1K but you can modify and have some of them playing and sounding better than a $3K guitar. It takes time, research and maybe a little effort but the results are worth it and you don't have to feel guilty about pulling the guts out. Win for everyone

Back