Vela - GTP!

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
Guess
That
Pickup!

It took me a bunch of thinking before pulling the trigger, but I finally swapped the bridge pickup from the S2 Starla. That’s a truly lovely pickup and I enjoy the sound and response very much, but it’s disparity from those in my other gigging guitars has been a problem. So, to keep my emphasis on the Vela, a change was made. What did I decide on, you might ask? Well, that’s for me to know and you to find out!

Guess
That
Pickup!

You get lame clues to start with, which the picture will support: it’s a humbucker, uncovered, and it’s black. Other than that, you gotta come up with the rest. I’ll provide answers to questions that don’t give away most of the fun. There’s no prize money, but you can wow the chicks with your bragging rights around the local Guitar Center. :D Go ahead, take a stab!

velapup.jpg

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking about swapping the bridge pickup on my Vela for similar reasons. I like the sound but it's jarring going from neck to bridge pickup in this configuration with the D-type. So far I just adjusted the starla pickup a little lower and use it single coil a lot.

I'm with alantig on the EVH primarily because I have been recently looking at them :)
-Jim

Back