Vela Junior (Single Pickup Vela)

No, I had it made by a place I found on Google searching custom vela Pickguard. Not sure if this forum has rules about not naming/linking retailers that aren't sponsors, so I'll refrain from saying the specific place. Was like 50 bucks if I remember correctly.
I don't think there's a problem with places that make parts....

Still a top loader, don't remember the brand. Just didn't like the feel of the factory bridge saddles under my hand, so swapped it out.

Lollar P90, very much going for the LP JR vibes. Birds were an order option for a couple of years of the Vela's production I believe, then they dropped the option. I don't think the take rate was very high, you don't see them pop up for sale nearly as often as the dot inlay versions.

I applaud your choice of pickup but I’m dumbfounded at the bridge swap. The bridge is one of the best things about the Vela, the brass saddles are a huge part of the tone.

Yup, it definitely is a cool look, but I’m befuddled a bit. Why make a guitar less versitile. In my mind, it is now a one trick pony. Unless you are into swapping out guitars during a gig, or your pedals can give you everything you need for versatility. At any rate, it does look cool, and as has been stated, “You do you”.

Kind of a nod to Eddie Van Halen and his one pickup strat back in the day! Nice!

Back