S2 Studio Pickup Questions

Woodfin

Has anyone replaced the pickups in their S2 Studio? Also, does anyone know how to get ahold of a Type-D single coil? One of my Type D single coils appears bad, and it's very difficult to find these pickups.

I really love the way this guitar sounds, so wanted to just replace it....but I've also heard opinions that it would be easier to find different mini-humbucker sized pups that are most likely better.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

(also, on the subject, curious to know if anyone's ever changed the humbucker)

thanks in advance!

This below seems a close match and is well reviewed....anyone have any experience with them? thanks

TV Jones T-Armond​

Has anyone replaced the pickups in their S2 Studio? Also, does anyone know how to get ahold of a Type-D single coil? One of my Type D single coils appears bad, and it's very difficult to find these pickups.

I really love the way this guitar sounds, so wanted to just replace it....but I've also heard opinions that it would be easier to find different mini-humbucker sized pups that are most likely better.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

(also, on the subject, curious to know if anyone's ever changed the humbucker)

thanks in advance!
I would call PRS or go to their website and send them a message and they can probably help you…. And fwiw, mini humbuckers don’t sound anything like the Type-D pickup

Last edited:
Back