Updated family photos...

Ok, guys got two more to go through.....

Let's make this post about a Singlecut!! This one has a story similar to the SC245. GC had - CHEAP. By the time we shipped this one over, I knew a little more about PRS. I realized Artist Package guitars could be pretty sweet - and unique. What sold me on this one was the headstock. This guitar just LOOKED awesome in the pictures. We shipped it over.

When it arrived I was a little upset. This was the first PRS I looked at that was what I would considered "beaten up". The back looks like somebody repainted it with a spray can. The glass-like finish on the top is cracked along the edges. Last night I noticed (in the new super-great light) that there are MASSIVE, dull scratches around the switch. One of the tone knobs had been SUPER GLUED to the pot. GAK!!!!!! I was heartbroken.

I bought it anyway because I got an extra 20% off since it was in worse condition than advertised. That helped a little bit, but it still bummed me out. When I got it home I realized it was like trying to steer a nuclear missile - this thing had SOOOOO much drive/output on its own that it was a misery to actually use. In the store we had fun. I tested it via a Diezel Herbert and my manager buddy and I were skull crushing away. I don't actually DO that anymore, so when reality sank in, I realized it needed a pickup change. This happened RIGHT before 57/08s were made available as replacements....which I guess is ok since the guitar had gold hardware anyway. I swapped for some SDs. When I had it apart I polished the crap out it and got it to where I could be happier......

These days this is the guitar I use if the venue is "rough". The guitar could really use a refin - the back is BAAAADDDDD - but it still looks cool and plays well!!

Perfection right there!

Back