Mannmade studs issue and bridge wear

This one here where you can see the grooves of the strings in the bridge already....is that normal for a new bridge?
That's the chrome or nickel plating or whatever it is wearing through to the base metal. Not sure if it's aluminum or zinc.

Here's what the bridge of my '95 CU22 looks like...much worse for wear.
You might like the PRS "Paul" bridge. The strings pass over brass inserts. Not chrome or the base metal.

I really like them and feel the Paul bridge improves the sound of the guitar. Less rattle. A smoother sound.

And the base metal is aluminum which I like the sound of.

I didn’t see wear in the grooves. Nor would I expect it from leaning.
I'm going to get the prs studs and hope they work out after all that's what was in the guitar for the last 10 years I got the tonepros really as a temporary fix but I really don't like them. I might look into using a washer to snug the bridge up like I've seen on other posts but I'm hoping I won't need to do that. Haven't heard back from Mann yet so I don't know what I'm going to do with the Mann studs

I'm going to get the prs studs and hope they work out after all that's what was in the guitar for the last 10 years I got the tonepros really as a temporary fix but I really don't like them. I might look into using a washer to snug the bridge up like I've seen on other posts but I'm hoping I won't need to do that. Haven't heard back from Mann yet so I don't know what I'm going to do with the Mann studs
Not sure how you are trying to contact John. Email him. He responds a lot faster that way than through this forum.

I had to grind about 1/4" of the length off of the brass screws John provided me with when I first tried to mount one of his adjustable bridges on my first Bernie Marsden.

The brass screws were just too long and bottomed out against the wood in the bottom of the hole before I could get the action low enough.

John said he'd never seen that before and I believe him because I have four other Bernie Marsdens that I had zero problems using those same type screws with.

Just call John and work it out.
This problem has been resolved and all studs should thread all the way down.

Back