Mannmade studs issue and bridge wear

Bw316

Just got some new mannmade studs metric thread for my prs s2 mira. I've also just recently got a new prs wraparound. I cannot get the bridge to fit the studs once the studs are in the guitar. Outside of the guitar the studs fit fine, but I can only get one side in with them installed in the guitar, it's too tight to get the other side in. Also the new bridge I have is already showing some wear at the very edge where the old bridge was worn. I'm wondering if the stud Wells are leaning that much that it's pulled everything out of alignment too much hence why I can't get the bridge to fit on the new studs.

Last edited:
I'd installed some tonepros locking studs with the new bridge but wanted the mann ones because I wasn't happy with the tonepros.

its not you. Mannmade studs are designed for adjustable bridges, not the wrap around bridge. I have found this out the hard way. I went thru 3 pairs of studs before realizing this. Use a PRS stud. Pushing with all your might to get a bridge on is not the way to do this.

I wish manmade website stated this. They sure work great for the adjustable versions.

I had to grind about 1/4" of the length off of the brass screws John provided me with when I first tried to mount one of his adjustable bridges on my first Bernie Marsden.

The brass screws were just too long and bottomed out against the wood in the bottom of the hole before I could get the action low enough.

John said he'd never seen that before and I believe him because I have four other Bernie Marsdens that I had zero problems using those same type screws with.

Just call John and work it out.

Then guy’s my first contact would be with John Mann. If you have already done that then disregard my first sentence. Broseph information like you posted sure helps, common knowledge shared (if accurate) is a bonus.

I have emailed them...I just got desperate and posted here as well .....what about the wear on the new bridge? I find that concerning to be honest. I've had one new set of strings on the new bridge that's it

Last edited:
There is quite a lot of movement with my old prs studs hence why I went with the tonepros

I never did email or call John about it. I too wanted it to work on a McCarty and Paul's guitars. His tolerance for his studs must be real tight. I guess non adjustable are just a touch thicker that makes them more difficult to work with. PRS studs have larger spacing for the bridge to fit. Which of course will cause a little lean to occur. I have not found it to be detrimental to tuning or tone. Simply cosmetic only

The tone pros I came across seem to kill the vibration. They thud when touched rather than sound musical like the brass studs manmade and PRS uses. I never kept them.

The tone pros I came across seem to kill the vibration. They thud when touched rather than sound musical like the brass studs manmade and PRS uses. I never kept them.
I'm considering just getting some more prs ones but my worry now is the wear on the bridge...its pretty much brand new and it's already wearing more than I thought it would so how long before I run into the buzzing if I just have the normal prs studs. The tone pros supposedly correct the lean but I feel they're a bit awkward and the shaft isn't as thick as the prs so they don't sit snugly

Last edited:
I'm considering just getting some more prs ones but my worry now is the wear on the bridge...its pretty much brand new and it's already wearing more than I thought it would so how long before I run into the buzzing if I just have the normal lrs studs. The tone pros supposedly correct the lean but I feel they're a bit awkward and the shaft isn't as thick as the prs so they don't sit snugly
I've had my mira for about 10 years with the original bridge and studs and the high e started buzzing about a year ago I think...the wear on the original bridge is quite extensive where the strings have cut into the little v slots

The wear of the studs is hidden for the most part when it’s on the guitar. It was very frustrating with the MannMade studs with the non adjustable. I had use them all the time for the adjustables with no problem.

No I mean the wear on the groove where the strings go I'm just worried about whether there is too much lean in the stud wells...so using the normal prs studs will just allow the bridge to lean excessively and wear the new bridge down...I'd posted a picture a bit further up showing the wear in the bridge slots and it's a new bridge and that's happened using the tonepros studs

Back