*UPDATE NGD* [QUESTION: (semi)affordable semi-hollow PRS w/ a Satin Neck]

I was visiting from out of town and tried it in store at the CME (which you HAVE to stop at if nearby - soundproof rooms, countless boutique amps+guitars)

Didn't buy it at first..but kept thinking about that top and had to email them the day after I got back :p those GROWTH RINGS

Gorgeous. Love mine. Wood love to add a Wildwood Wood Library.

4D2E2114-71F1-4009-83EB-79C70F026E0A.jpg

I was visiting from out of town and tried it in store at the CME (which you HAVE to stop at if nearby - soundproof rooms, countless boutique amps+guitars)

Didn't buy it at first..but kept thinking about that top and had to email them the day after I got back :p those GROWTH RINGS
Outstanding! CME is an amazing store

try 3000 grit wet sand paper
Wet with water, naphtha, mineral spirits...? Obviously wouldn't want to sprout the frets.

StewMac gives this advice, but I'm curious if anyone has a preference for liquids:
"Water is a great choice. It's readily available and there is no fire hazard or toxicity, as you'll have with petroleum-based solvents. Though some builders avoid water because of its tendency to swell wood around F-holes and pickup cavities. When wet, exposed endgrain can cause the lacquer to lift around holes. Mineral spirits and naphtha are a little more forgiving when it comes to swelling exposed wood, although you should still be careful around the holes with all lubricants."

Last edited:
That's gorgeous. Love how the color of the top plays so well with the fingerboard and the knobs. Not unlike my Stripped 58:

BPD38379.jpg
at first I thought you meant to type STRIPED (like tiger-striped) 58. lo and behold I find out about STRIPPED 58s! That is sweet

Back