PRS Special Semi-hollow wiring question

Zpicker

Hi there, I’m a newb here so forgive me if this question has been asked repeatedly. I looked but couldn’t find anything before I posted.

Wondering if anyone has replaced the tone pot on the special semi-hollow with a push-pull switch that allows the middle narrowfield pickup to be fully activated by itself, not just as a partner with the neck or bridge pickup?

Thx in advance!

Hi there, I’m a newb here so forgive me if this question has been asked repeatedly. I looked but couldn’t find anything before I posted.

Wondering if anyone has replaced the tone pot on the special semi-hollow with a push-pull switch that allows the middle narrowfield pickup to be fully activated by itself, not just as a partner with the neck or bridge pickup?

Thx in advance!
I know a couple of guys here have done something similar. Hopefully one will chime in.

This is my favorite take on the theme. The push/pull alternates position 3 between neck/bridge and middle only.

You can adapt it to a PRS by simply ignoring the tone control wiring from here and just focus on the switching. I assume the guitar already has a four-pole switch.

roeLcP1.jpg

I have a Semi-hollow Special and replace the standard tone control with a PRS push/pull pot that allows switch position 3 to be neck & bridge (standard wiring) or middle pickup only. Switch positions 1, 2, 4 and 5 are unchanged. kinda made me wonder why PRS didn’t wire the SH Special this way to begin with.

Back