Ugly, but I feel the need to try... Ukraine...

dmatthews

Dave's not here
I want to help.
If anybody wants to contribute I can funnel money directly to people who are taking supplies across the border to those that need it.
Let me know if you want to do it. We have over two thousand dollars already, and it's being matched by my company.
These people buy all necessary goods like food/hygiene/diapers/medical/whatever is required. They pack their vans up in Slovakia and drive to the border to transfer.
We just started this today.
I dislike being political but this is tragic.
Hit me up if you want to donate. The money goes direct, no middleman.
Understood if you are skeptical, but this is the real deal. It's going to relatives of my best friends.
Legit, and I'm all in.
Yes this looks like spam. But I've been here forever and it ain't.
PM me if you want.
Love you all.

I trust you of course, and would participate, but we have a missionary there and can send money directly through our church. We’re doing that.
All good!
Some people are wary of donating to organizations that have a high overhead, and I don't blame them. You're doing the right thing!
Good on ya mate!

Thank you for doing this. I do a little thing for local Ukrainian Church too. Got people at work engaged and since we started collecting stuff I did 4 trips with my SuV full up to the roof with stuff. I wish I could do more but at this stage this is best I can do

Thank you for doing this. I do a little thing for local Ukrainian Church too. Got people at work engaged and since we started collecting stuff I did 4 trips with my SuV full up to the roof with stuff. I wish I could do more but at this stage this is best I can do

Good on ya! Love seeing this!

Our church had a special collection as well this past Sunday. Can't remember the name of the charity but I know our church investigates these things before asking for our help.

God bless all who are helping.
That's great Mike! It feels good to see people helping each other. There's hope for us after all!

Our tech support team and a few developers are there. I speak to them on Skype every couple of days. Just tragic what is happening there. Living perfectly healthy, productive lives one day, and then this humanitarian crisis - incomprehensible. :( We’re trying to get them and their families out, but due to their ages, they keep getting turned around at the borders.

I can assure you that whatever, and however, people can help is greatly appreciated.

We sent $10K last week to a missionary who is feeding people, providing a place to sleep, and has a couple doctors now there to help as needed. He's also helping families get into Poland and we're sending aid to someone there who is helping once they get across the border.

Our tech support team and a few developers are there. I speak to them on Skype every couple of days. Just tragic what is happening there. Living perfectly healthy, productive lives one day, and then this humanitarian crisis - incomprehensible. :( We’re trying to get them and their families out, but due to their ages, they keep getting turned around at the borders.

I can assure you that whatever, and however, people can help is greatly appreciated.
My brother is on staff at our church and one of his duties is handling our missionaries. He was skyping with our missionary in the Ukraine last week. Things are really bad... hard not to make political statements, but Putin is threatening anyone who even provides aid, and won't stop until he has everything he wants, or has started WWIII. Worse, he has the Russian people COMPLETELY fooled on what is going on, so nobody there is going to revolt, while he's out killing their own family members. Where are Snake Doctor and Betty Blue when you need them.

My brother is on staff at our church and one of his duties is handling our missionaries. He was skyping with our missionary in the Ukraine last week. Things are really bad... hard not to make political statements, but Putin is threatening anyone who even provides aid, and won't stop until he has everything he wants, or has started WWIII. Worse, he has the Russian people COMPLETELY fooled on what is going on, so nobody there is going to revolt, while he's out killing their own family members. Where are Snake Doctor and Betty Blue when you need them.
And on the flip side, we have developers in Russia, who have nothing to do with this mess, who we can’t pay. With the blocks on Russian banks, nothing is going through. Another example of the collateral damage of this war, where everyday citizens are being impacted.

And on the flip side, we have developers in Russia, who have nothing to do with this mess, who we can’t pay. With the blocks on Russian banks, nothing is going through. Another example of the collateral damage of this war, where everyday citizens are being impacted.
The whole thing is disgusting and sad.

There was a story on the news about people in the Ukraine calling family members in Russia and telling them what is going on, and their own family members in Russia do not believe them and think they are lying. When I saw that story on the news, I asked my brother about it and he said it is completely true. Our missionary confirmed that he's had multiple people confirm that when they told family in Russia that they were bombing schools and hospitals and businesses, they reacted harshly and said they were only bombing a few strategic military targets to get the Ukrainians under control from their revolt... and that Putin is only doing it to protect Russia from Ukraine!

My brother specifically asked him, "well if the Russian people believe that, they why do they think the whole world is against them and is hitting them with all these sanctions?" He answered that many of the Russian people don't or won't know about most of the sanctions. But that was maybe 10 days ago before additional big ones like Visa and Mastercard cut them off. But your example above is another way that people there may start to get a clue what is really going on.

And this was the story that broke my heart and infuriated me the most. The missionary told my brother that one lady talked to her mother in Russia 2 weeks ago and her mother said "just stay away from the military targets and you'll be safe." That woman had to call her back last week to tell her that her 7 year old daughter was killed by a bomb while near her school! And her mother replied that she did not believe that and asked her where she really was when it happened. That is one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

There was a story on the news about people in the Ukraine calling family members in Russia and telling them what is going on, and their own family members in Russia do not believe them and think they are lying. When I saw that story on the news, I asked my brother about it and he said it is completely true. Our missionary confirmed that he's had multiple people confirm that when they told family in Russia that they were bombing schools and hospitals and businesses, they reacted harshly and said they were only bombing a few strategic military targets to get the Ukrainians under control from their revolt... and that Putin is only doing it to protect Russia from Ukraine!

My brother specifically asked him, "well if the Russian people believe that, they why do they think the whole world is against them and is hitting them with all these sanctions?" He answered that many of the Russian people don't or won't know about most of the sanctions. But that was maybe 10 days ago before additional big ones like Visa and Mastercard cut them off. But your example above is another way that people there may start to get a clue what is really going on.

And this was the story that broke my heart and infuriated me the most. The missionary told my brother that one lady talked to her mother in Russia 2 weeks ago and her mother said "just stay away from the military targets and you'll be safe." That woman had to call her back last week to tell her that her 7 year old daughter was killed by a bomb while near her school! And her mother replied that she did not believe that and asked her where she really was when it happened. That is one of the saddest things I've ever heard.
Yup, the sick sick lies.

Heartbreaking, truly.

You've all probably read about the Russian TV news person who went behind an announcer on camera with a sign telling Russians they're hearing lies from their media. That took some serious guts - prison sentences called for by a new Russian law against speaking out. Honesty has serious consequences in Russia. It's madness.

Heartbreaking, truly.

You've all probably read about the Russian TV news person who went behind an announcer on camera with a sign telling Russians they're hearing lies from their media. That took some serious guts - prison sentences called for by a new Russian law against speaking out. Honesty has serious consequences in Russia. It's madness.
Amazing guts for sure.
Sadly I suspect there will be very few Russian people that will ever see that act or the story behind it again.

Heartbreaking, truly.

Point of reference.....Channel One has a global viewership of over 250 million people. This took guts.

Back