Tremol-No Users?

Cool, and like I said, you can completely loosen the back tension spring with the thumb wheel and make it so loose that you can set the trem to float about like from the factory. So you never really need to uninstall it if you want a change of pace.
I'm probably one of the heaviest setters of that back tension on most of my guitars.

Just make sure and set your trem where you want it pre-installation and shim the backside of the trem to hold it there while you remove a couple springs for install. I usually use a deck or two of cards for mine. It doesn't have to be perfect.

I think I should own stock with those Japanese people that make them by now. LoL!

I've used about every "trem stabilizer out there. Nothing touches this one!
Thanks, I've read the instructions don't come in English. I'm sure there's a you tube for set up

Let me look and see if I can find the English translation version I downloaded once before...
I'll post a link.

Looks like those two are it. I'd print the one in the first link, then download and print the pic in the second link.
Biggest deal to installing this thing is to MAKE SURE that your tremolo is in the exact position you want it to float with
your shems/block installed so that you can line it up with two of the four (or three of the five) springs removed.
Then you can set the thumb screw where you'll get the maximum amount of back-pull you desire instead of having
to waste some adjustment range to get the trem level once you get the arming adjuster installed and the strings
and springs re-installed. Highly recommend the Arming Adjuster in the middle with two springs one each side.
I've done that with every PRS and Floyd equipped guitar I've owned.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but getting the Arming Adjuster mounted exactly where you want the bridge
to float and getting it perpendicular to the tone block is your biggest battle. Take your time with it for your first
one! Good luck!!!

I trust these things enough that I put it on my one and only Private Stock!
That's huge! :eek:_O:eek::confused::cool::D

Looks like those two are it. I'd print the one in the first link, then download and print the pic in the second link.
Biggest deal to installing this thing is to MAKE SURE that your tremolo is in the exact position you want it to float with
your shems/block installed so that you can line it up with two of the four (or three of the five) springs removed.
Then you can set the thumb screw where you'll get the maximum amount of back-pull you desire instead of having
to waste some adjustment range to get the trem level once you get the arming adjuster installed and the strings
and springs re-installed. Highly recommend the Arming Adjuster in the middle with two springs one each side.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but getting the Arming Adjuster mounted exactly where you want the bridge
to float and getting it perpendicular to the tone block is your biggest battle. Take your time with it for your first
one! Good luck!!!
Thank you so much for all of your help! It came in the mail today. I spent quite a while seeing my trem correctly last night. I have four springs so it should look just like yours. I think I understand how to install from your explanation, but I'll check out the instructions too. Probably won't get to it today, try to get it in tomorrow or Sunday. I'll fill you in when I'm done

one! Good luck!!!
So, start with the spring as short as possible, right?

I have a tremol-no in my Pacifica 1412 (a very rare high end guitar from 1990) and I really like how it is simple to lock and unlock the trem. I like it locked but it's possible to make it work again without removing the trem-no.

Last edited:
I have a tremol-no in my Pacifica 1412 (an extremely high end guitar) and I really like how it is simple to lock and unlock the trem. I like it locked but it's possible to make it work again without removing the trem-no.
I think I would like it too, but the claw holes don't line up and i don't want to drill. I thought it would fit but it doesn't (trombone wah-wah)

So, start with the spring as short as possible, right?

I think the only reason they say do that is it eliminates the plunger/pin moving by the spring being compressed when lining it up.

I also set the length adjustment thumbwheel where there's hardly any of the threaded end sticking out beyond the thumbwheel. That allows for maximum tremolo back pull if you get it lined up properly during installation.

That still allows enough threads for minor position adjustments of the tremolo in that direction. Your biggest goal is to get the ESPAA mounted pressing the tone block with the tremolo where you want it to float/rest (level). Good luck!

one! Good luck!!!

I think the only reason they say do that is it eliminates the plunger/pin moving by the spring being compressed when lining it up.

I also set the length adjustment thumbwheel where there's hardly any of the threaded end sticking out beyond the thumbwheel. That allows for maximum tremolo back pull if you get it lined up properly during installation.

That still allows enough threads for minor position adjustments of the tremolo in that direction. Your biggest goal is to get the ESPAA mounted pressing the tone block with the tremolo where you want it to float/rest (level). Good luck!
Success! Took about ten minutes thanks to you! It was still in tune! Tried tuning down half step, only took the troops through the tuner. Nice! Came back up with just as much ease. The whole thing feels more solid which I guess makes sense. Took some pix but I can't figure out how to attach them on this forum

Success! Took about ten minutes thanks to you! It was still in tune! Tried tuning down half step, only took the troops through the tuner. Nice! Came back up with just as much ease. The whole thing feels more solid which I guess makes sense. Took some pix but I can't figure out how to attach them on this forum
Should say three trips through the tuner

Surgery was a success!! I'd post some pix but I can't figure out how on this forum

Two threads about that...

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/how-to-post-pics.932/

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/posting-pictures.39368/

Short version...

Pics have to be on a third party site (public like imgur or a private site). You post the URL to the pic (to the actual file, so ending in .jpg or something similar) using the photo tag above (the button that looks like a mountain).

And can I just be the first to paraphrase the late great Tim Wilson and say "Paul Stoddart can play a damn bass"? This is where I really miss @Goldtop - he would get that reference even w/o saying it's Tim Wilson.

XVBa3lg.jpg

Back