Too much money, must have new guitar!

OTE="sergiodeblanc, post: 300253, member: 730"]You should let me buy them or at least trade you somethin' for 'em this time.

I'll let you know when I'm ready to ditch em.

So, I take it that, still, nobody has been able to compare the 85/15 pickups to the older models?

It seems like a global conspiracy to keep that information from getting out. I am trying to get a comparison of 85/15, 58/15 and 58/15LT to anything else in the wild. So far no luck.

Since this is THE place where PRS fanatics congregate, I'm surprised at so few (directly relevant to the topic) responses. Visiting the forums of the various pickup mfrs is not really helpful, a million opinions about a million pickups in a million guitars = TMI! "I don't have a PRS BUT here's my opinion anyway...."

Since this is THE place where PRS fanatics congregate, I'm surprised at so few (directly relevant to the topic) responses. Visiting the forums of the various pickup mfrs is not really helpful, a million opinions about a million pickups in a million guitars = TMI! "I don't have a PRS BUT here's my opinion anyway...."
Really? Three pages of suggestions and Tom Foolery, and you don't think you got enough responses?

"Lemme esplain...No, there is too much, lemme sum up"

Get the S2

The pups are good. If not for you, get something else you already like.

The Tuners are good. No need to change them.

The trem is good. Maybe not USA good, but better than the other makers and you probably won't see a difference.

"Really? Three pages of suggestions and Tom Foolery, and you don't think you got enough responses?"

The Tom Foolery was fun, the BUMP was for relevant input.

"Get the S2. The pups are good. If not for you, get something else you already like."

The S2 Standard 24 is the one I'm looking at. There are several guitars in the S2 series, with many different pickups. That's why I asked about differences in sound. If I knew what I liked I'd already have it. If GC carried the PRS LINE instead of one or two that they got a good deal on, I'd happily go down and burn their ears off playing every one. If I could afford to go to Indiana for a week I could try out several at Sweetwater, but that ain't gonna happen. That's why I came here, where the fanatics live! I realize that this stuff is subjective, but at least here I won't get "PRS pickups all sound like moist ass. Get a DiMarzio/Duncan/Lollar/???".

I'm glad you like your S2, whatever pickups it has. While I'm sure that you're not part of the global conspiracy to keep this stuff secret, I'm hoping that someone who owns or has owned a number of different PRS guitars can chime in with some comparisons.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. The point of all this is your mileage may vary -YMMV. I own all the way from SE to core. I like every one of them, because they all sound different. I like the tremolos on all of them, and the stock pickups on many of them. Everything is subjective, to the ears of the listener. I even bought a PRS from the estate of a dead guy. He didn``t like it, and had it in a closet for 7 years. The exterior of the case had mildew on it. It`s an SAS, and is now my #1 guitar. I had an S2 24 fretter, but I couldn`t setup the trem to go up, so it went bye-bye. PRS has made more really good guitars in a shorter period of time than any other company. If you want a 24 fret guitar, the S2 is great. So is an SE custom 24, CE 24, or used Custom 24. Take the jump, and then learn that particular guitar. Just realize these ain`t company X,Y, or Z. You can leave it stock, of modify the hell out of it to get sounds you like. The fretwork will be better than any other brand I`ve played in 50+ years. The neck will probably feel better, and if it`s blue, your car will get better gas mileage and the groupies may come to you in droves.

doggie, doggie, doggie.

Like I said - "I realize that this stuff is subjective, but at least here I won't get "PRS pickups all sound like moist ass. Get a DiMarzio/Duncan/Lollar/???".

What I'm getting is THEY ALL SOUND GREAT!

Here's my original question as pertains to pickups:

"Pickups - difference between 85/15 "S" and 85/15?"

Pretty straightforward. If nobody on the PRS Forum knows the answer, that's cool. I may just "Take the jump" anyway, but thanks for the tip about the blue ones;)!

doggie, doggie, doggie.

Like I said - "I realize that this stuff is subjective, but at least here I won't get "PRS pickups all sound like moist ass. Get a DiMarzio/Duncan/Lollar/???".

What I'm getting is THEY ALL SOUND GREAT!

Here's my original question as pertains to pickups:

"Pickups - difference between 85/15 "S" and 85/15?"

Pretty straightforward. If nobody on the PRS Forum knows the answer, that's cool. I may just "Take the jump" anyway, but thanks for the tip about the blue ones;)!

Well, the "S" we're just announced for the 2017 line. I'm not sure if anyone has experience with them yet.

Back