Tim Pierce/Howard Leese: PRS vs Les Paul

Loved this video - shows PRS never stop looking at how to improve and its not as if the 594 wasn't already an incredible guitar....

Now I'm not so sad I sold my 594 WL Artist last year... If Howard is slapping the seal of approval, count me in... if I ever have money again... o_O:D

Hmmmmm....

mToMFu1.png

Thousands of internet guitar typers will still remain unconvinced.

And it won't matter, because to hell with them!!

On a further note, I signed on just now to post the same video, and was happy to see it already posted. I listened with my studio monitors cranked to decent levels, and listening through my familiar UA converters, thought, "Dayum that sounds good!"

I'm not going to sell either of my current 594s or my McCarty SC, because I like them, but I may have to add another, or maybe get a regular McCarty (which I don't currently have an example of).

Interesting updates on the 594s and McCarty are a return to the vintage style "tulip" tuning machines, nitro finish, and some other tweaks.

I love the nitro finishes on my PS models - I wonder if it's the same as the PS finish - and while old style tuning machines basically drive me nuts, the guitars in that video sound great!

So, yeah. Nice.

I don't like the vintage tuners either and not sure I want a Nitro finish on ANY guitar as I feel the finish that PRS used was excellent at preserving the finish and guitar incredibly well. I don't want a guitar to look worn over time to the extent that bare wood is visible - I want it to look new as long as possible and really have to look close to see any indications of wear. I don't believe a Nitro finish is likely to do that....

Each to their own of course but I am not 'excited' about these changes and certainly won't be selling my 594 to update it to one of these newer versions...

Oh, right, noticed the vintage tuners. Ok then, glad I got my McCarty’s when I did. Vintage tuners are a deal breaker for me. But I can see some really liking them. Too bad I’ll miss out on the LT+ pickups. And it’s sweet that they’re putting LTs in the standard McCarty now.

And it won't matter, because to hell with them!!.

There’s a thread on TGP that just started wherein people are contesting the legitimacy of Howard’s burst.

There are receipts from a 2011 MyLesPaul thread posted that suggests that Howard’s a liar or got duped.

So while it may not matter that the new 594 sounds subjectively as good or better than Howard’s 57 LP with pickups from a questionable LP, or his questionable LP with pickups from a 335, what does matter is that.... uh...

....uh....

Ummmm....

Oh, I got it! What does matter is only a Les Paul can sound like a Les Paul, and a great Les Paul sounds like a Tele on steroids!!!

Okay, you can kick me in the d!ck now. I’m braced for it. :D

Back