Tim Pierce's Private Stock

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
I've owned and played many incredible and beautiful PRS's guitars since 1990. I love awesome maple tops and If I'd spec a new Private Stock right now of course I'd pick a super looking flame or quilt maple top..... Right??? Not so sure now, after watching this video with Tim Pierce I'm so impressed with that classy Singlecut (594?). All black with purfling framing the top. If I were to spec it I would add purfling framing the fingerboard and headstock laminate. I would want Celtic inlays on the fingerboard instead of dots. His guitar just looks great and sounds awesome in his hands. He is so talented. Look at this guitar. BTW great video also :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
i have been hunting for the right solid color lately myself, ever since i saw this blue 594. i've had chance for 5 jaw dropping high flame PRS but i'm stuck on a solid color. not a quick problem to remedy i'm finding, but not a bad problem to have.

Tim Pierce is a beast. No idea on the spec of that guitar, but it looks like a 594 knob layout with a PRS milled hardtail, just an amazing feeling, sounding and playing bridge. What a dark horse. I'm curious about the pickups on that axe...

Agree with every nice thing you have said about Tim Pierce. It's crazy on how many great songs I could hear him without knowing. Great chps and the way to share his knowledge. Amazing human being.

Yet I think I has one black guitar to many ;) kinda kicking myself in the teeth as I have passed very early Tremonti locally some months ago going for penies.

But I like plain Maple tops or tops with mineral steaks - huge reason why I bought my current custom, top is plain or rich in flames depending on the angle you look at and full of mineral "imperfections".

Same goes to all sort of Korina and Standards with nice wood grain. My standard is full of mahagony swirls and the moment I saw it I knew I need to have it.

i have been hunting for the right solid color lately myself, ever since i saw this blue 594. i've had chance for 5 jaw dropping high flame PRS but i'm stuck on a solid color. not a quick problem to remedy i'm finding, but not a bad problem to have.

Wow Daryl, Thanks for posting that. I have to watch the rest later but just want to thank you now great videos!

Tim Pierce is a beast. No idea on the spec of that guitar, but it looks like a 594 knob layout with a PRS milled hardtail, just an amazing feeling, sounding and playing bridge. What a dark horse. I'm curious about the pickups on that axe...
A little later I’m gonna comb through Tim’s videos I think he discusses the specs that particular guitar in one of them. He has a lot of videos for me to go through LOL.

Two months after I got my PS, there was a purple sparkle 594 DC. It was the new model, and I couldn't justify it because I'd just gotten the PS. That guitar still haunts me to a degree.

A little later I’m gonna comb through Tim’s videos I think he discusses the specs that particular guitar in one of them. He has a lot of videos for me to go through LOL.

I believe he discussed it on one of his recent Friday or weekend free videos. Hopefully that'll help narrow it down.

This is one of my Favourite PRS Private Stocks that Tim Pierce has. It combines the HBii with Piezo and the 594 HBii together perfectly...

Two months after I got my PS, there was a purple sparkle 594 DC. It was the new model, and I couldn't justify it because I'd just gotten the PS. That guitar still haunts me to a degree.

I believe he discussed it on one of his recent Friday or weekend free videos. Hopefully that'll help narrow it down.
I’d like to see photos of that purple sparkle

Back