Tim Pierce/Howard Leese: PRS vs Les Paul

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by WeFixFlats, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

I didn't think I was being cynical (if I was, I fear it's deeply ingrained habit...). I was trying to make a little light of the somewhat cyclical nature of these improvements (back to old finishes, back to old tuners). But I am wholeheartedly in favor of PRS' efforts to continually improve their instruments. They've kept me buying about one a year for an awful lot of years now.

WA Paul, LSchefman, bodia and 2 others like this.
  2. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy PRS user since '87

I didn't take it as cynical.

Previous models have to be the yardstick by which improvements are measured; that's generally true for design in any field I think.

And putting the best of the old into the new is just Paul's way. Definitely a good thing.

3. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I didn’t get that you were using wry humor! Doh! Sorry!

4. Asiafish

Asiafish New Member

Very likely. Especially with the pickups, is a 59/15 better than or just different from a 57/08?

LSchefman likes this.
  5. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Exactly. I think different is the operative term. I love the 57/08s and the 58/15s, the 58/15 LTs, and the 85/15s. Oh, and the Paul’s Guitar pickups, and uh...I could go on...

When it comes to things that make sound, to me there’s no such thing as ‘better’, because everything seems to have its uses. There’s just ‘better for me’, or ‘better for this project’.

alantig, JonW, shimmilou and 6 others like this.