The unofficial Silver Sky thread

I just threw up.

AH HA! So, I am the not only one fro...wait a minute?! Did you really post those 2 words? You know the words that stike fear into the livestock everywhere? The words you guys always scream when you always manage to find the news crew reporting outside a mobile home park as you camera bomb the news anchor while waiving mindlessly and screaming...rooooowww tiiiiiiiiddddeeee! Followed by the customary WWWWHHHEEEEWWWW! Y'ALL WE WON!! BAMA HAS 16 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS! WHHHHHEEEEWWW!
SMH...facepalm...(sigh)

Well there it is...it had to happen and now it has. Life is a cruel vindictive mistress...

So, all that being said...I will now exercise my rights and call the ultimate check-mate in this situation...Auburn won the last Ironbowl...national schmasional, that is all.:D

Sorry bro, not sorry WAR EAGLE!!!..:cool: and before you pull the card... Aubrun absolutely did not pay the referees...

AH HA! So, I am the not only one fro...wait a minute?! Did you really post those 2 words? You know the words that stike fear into the livestock everywhere? The words you guys always scream when you always manage to find the news crew reporting outside a mobile home park as you camera bomb the news anchor while waiving mindlessly and screaming...rooooowww tiiiiiiiiddddeeee! Followed by the customary WWWWHHHEEEEWWWW! Y'ALL WE WON!! BAMA HAS 16 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS! WHHHHHEEEEWWW!
SMH...facepalm...(sigh)

Well there it is...it had to happen and now it has. Life is a cruel vindictive mistress...

So, all that being said...I will now exercise my rights and call the ultimate check-mate in this situation...Auburn won the last Ironbowl...national schmasional, that is all.:D

Sorry bro, not sorry WAR EAGLE!!!..:cool: and before you pull the card... Aubrun absolutely did not pay the referees...
Camomile tea brother! Woosah, woosah!!:D

SMH...facepalm...(sigh)

It’s basketball season... Go Spartans!

Holy cow has this thread been everywhere!

Just read though that Tweet along with the reactions. I'm not sure I'll ever quite grasp why they descend into such a Dothraki wedding.

I wish people would put some of that pent-up energy into playing music instead.
OK, I gotta remember that one:

"...descend into such a Dothraki wedding."

And as for Nancy Boy: yeah, in general I've always understood it to mean gay. (A good song by Placebo too, who use the term as such, of course.) However, I wasn't exposed to that term until I was an adult. On the other hand, the term "pansy" was a synonym for "wimp" when I was a kid (growing up in Australia in the 70s, so there's another cultural divide), probably because as a kid I didn't understand the subtle overtone of allusion to being gay and effeminate.

Anyway...I wonder if the Silver Sky will be offered with AP options, which would allow me to get one with a maple FB, or will it be like the CE - dealer runs might be able to do such WL-type runs, but not normal "customizations".

Noted. Another person from Chicago area thinks so. Normally I'd be so embarrassed I'd just delete the reply and disappear for a while. But I've now asked 10 adults from 24-62 and every one said "wimp." But all of these are from my area, so earlier this evening I posed the same question to two friends of mine who live in Wisconsin and Texas. Both replied tonight that it meant "wimp." I replied back and asked both if they'd ever heard it used to mean "gay." Both said they had not.

I guess a problem with any slang term is that it has a "made up" meaning. I told Sergio that we called our friends that 40 years ago in school and in front of teachers. If it meant what you guys are saying and we said that in front of a teacher, we'd have been getting swats before we could try to explain. As I mentioned, I've said it here before. If anyone things it means that, I sure would have told me the first time.

Thank goodness this guitar already has a thread because this one is way off the tracks. :(

Ha! I don’t know what to tell you, buddy.

It’s not a regional thing like midwesterner’s calling soda “pop”.

Ha! I don’t know what to tell you, buddy.

It’s not a regional thing like midwesterner’s calling soda “pop”.
Yeah. When I was growing up it just meant someone who was afraid to try stuff. I travelled enough to learn it meant other things in other places. The only problem with regional interpretations is that I can’t keep track of what meaning applies to my current location. I stopped worrying about it too much and sometimes get an odd look, though I do tend to avoid terms that have bigotry overtones anywhere that I am aware of.

But on topic: I think I might get a white one just to pass around my friends to try for a month or so to see what they really think. It’s my natural response to all the venom I’ve seen for something nobody has any real facts about.

SMH...facepalm...(sigh)

Well at least you have good taste in guitars.

Noted. Another person from Chicago area thinks so. Normally I'd be so embarrassed I'd just delete the reply and disappear for a while. But I've now asked 10 adults from 24-62 and every one said "wimp." But all of these are from my area, so earlier this evening I posed the same question to two friends of mine who live in Wisconsin and Texas. Both replied tonight that it meant "wimp." I replied back and asked both if they'd ever heard it used to mean "gay." Both said they had not.

I guess a problem with any slang term is that it has a "made up" meaning. I told Sergio that we called our friends that 40 years ago in school and in front of teachers. If it meant what you guys are saying and we said that in front of a teacher, we'd have been getting swats before we could try to explain. As I mentioned, I've said it here before. If anyone things it means that, I sure would have told me the first time.

Thank goodness this guitar already has a thread because this one is way off the tracks. :(

Honestly DTR, don't feel bad, I just learned something myself. However I also can't remember hearing anyone use that term in probably 20 years. Which was around Middle School for me. So around the time we were all trying to use words we probably shouldn't. And also all try to figure out who we were, so often not a good combination.

That said I just looked it up, and according to the prestigious Urban Dictionary, it apparently had roots in more of describing a feminised man. Somewhat similar to what would now be referred to as a metrosexual. However like DTR, and those he's asked, it always meant a "wimpish" guy as far as I knew. But has obviously become a term for a gay man. So you're never to old to learn something.

maybe a squire. for you

Nah. I’ve got a SE EG. It’s just almost a little neck heavy. Wish the body was a bit heavier so it would feel more balanced. Aside from that it’s actually a really nice instrument. I would find another one of those before I bought a Squier. And I plan on trying one of these. Who knows it might even impress me enough to trade my 513 for it.

So at least others here used it as "wimp." We would even call people (or be called) Nancy (or Sally, those were the two most popular) without the "boy" added if they did anything a guy would call a friend who wouldn't respond to any friendly challenge. But this is a long running thing where I'm from and I've never heard it used any other way but wimp, before now. We said it all the time at school and nobody ever got in trouble at all, because everyone knew what it meant.

Anyway, I got three more answers today and they were interesting, to me. And, told me everything I needed to know. I won't quote them but some relatives who moved to Chicago over 10 years ago said they'd never heard the other meaning til they moved there, and prior to that it always meant wimp. He's from Jersey and she's from W.Va.

I have used it more than once at TGP which is a huge forum, (and I've seen others say it there) so I'm really surprised this hasn't come up before. But after the answers I got today, I'm no longer shocked, but I also won't use it on the net anymore.

I'll have to start using some of the ones Aldo Nova Rubra listed above from now on. Current favorites: Ya bawbag, Numpty and bampot. No, probably better drop the last one. :D

Besides, Les said he loved me in this thread, so all the rest of this is just nonsense anyway. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least you have good taste in guitars.

Why thank you...you do too! See we can do this without bloodshed!:D Lets just pretend we don't know each ohers fondness for the others favorite college football team...a truce...deal? ;)

Back