The unofficial Silver Sky thread

I was only referring to the guys who pulled bogus prices from the 7th Stone, then bashed PRS for overcharging. The ones that should be choking on that crap now that this is priced like a middle/high end Fedner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was only referring to the ones who pulled bogus prices from the 7th Stone, then bashed PRS for overcharging. The ones that should be choking on that crap now that this is priced like a middle/high end Fedner.

So you decided to call them gay? That doesn't even make sense, when's the last time you heard an effeminate gay man complain about the price of luxury items? Never! They're f@ckin' fabulous, and they pay for it.

This would be a rational argument if the Vernon Reid Vela wasn't $2249...
Well, TBH I didn't understand that price point either. The Floyd Rose simply doesn't add that much cost (even if it is third-party supply). Different pups than normal, but not outside the PRS line. "Special" pick guard. The neck carve is a little different, but still...

Hmm, maybe I have talked myself into thinking the JM has to be priced similar to the VR just for sig-model-comparison's sake.

wo wo wo wo!!! I'd never call anyone that! wow, I've heard and used that term for 30 years and never seen anyone who thought it meant that.

If that is what it meas in your area, or anywhere else, please edit it from my copied posts. My posts are edited. Buzz killed

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more of a HSS strat guy. That has me thinking about a S2 Studio...

Funny you say that. I had ordered an S2 Studio hoping to convert it to 3 D-types to get my strat fix. To me, THAT would be an amazing "S" type. Alas, instead, I am modifying an S2 Standard 22 to sort of fit my "strat" needs.

Eventually I am gonna do one with three TV Jones T-Armond pickups. THAT will be a beast!!!!

wo wo wo wo!!! I didn't mean "gay" I'd never call anyone that! wow, I've heard and used that term for 30 years and never seen anyone who thought it meant that.

If you're serious, I'll edit the post and disappear for a while in embarrassment. Nancyboy means "wimp" not "gay" where I"m from.

I mean, dude... that's what that means. I suggest maaaaybe omit that from future conversations if you didn't know that.

But don't disappear from embarrassment, it's cool to admit you didn't know something, and it's giving the OP some drama in the thread like he wanted.

My issue was more about the context of your superlative than it was about being PC. It's just that there are so many other, better words you could choose to describe those guys.

Well, not where I'm from that's not what it means. I would NEVER say that. Heck, I've said it here before. Seriously though, wimp is what it means to anyone I know.

You know, these made up terms can mean anything anybody want's to say they mean... :(

Comparisons are being made with the S2 line - probably because those are the closest in "build" characteristics, especially the Vela, Mira, Starla: all single planks of wood, many solid colors, mildly shaped, no fancy figured maple, plastic pickguards.

Hmm... S2s are three-piece necks.

Better comparison would be to the BM signature, the DC3 etc etc. Which I believe match the price point discussed for the JM.

Also, Mira and Starla existed as core models before they came back in the S2 series (with changes to the hardware, etc.). I don't remember the prices of the original models, but I bet they were around this price point too.

Apostrophe means possession, as in the friends of his girlfriend. Funny joke nonetheless!

You sir are a gentleman AND a scholar! You should know, I AM from Alabama...where literacy is frowned upon in general. Here is a scinario as an example. If a random Billy Bob and/or his Uncle Daddy catch you with a book, as in the sort of book that you aren't SUPPOSED to color in, it's typically perceived as an isult or a condescension. This perception, can lead to phrases coming from them like this... "He's gotta purdy mouth don't he"? Or "Squeal! Squeal like a pig!" Not good...

So, please excuse my lack of grammatical correctness from time to time..it's a built in self preservation device. So, it's safe to assume, either I am trying not to become a Backwoods Barbie or I just really don't give a sh!t about punctuation in genearal. ;)I gotta keep it a mystery, just in the off chance Billy Bob or Uncle Daddy find out about this forum. The bright side is this...I am safe here, I can be a champion of bad grammar and not come across as a smart guy that " talks fancy" all while a new sacrificial lamb volunteers to become the new apple of the toothless sodomites off center eye o_OSee, I said you were a GENTLEMAN and a scholar! Not to mention an around swell guy too :D. Oh, they really get crazy when you tell them not to use a preposition at the end of a sentence! You don't need that in your life man:eek:

It's funny because its true...sad and disturbing but true none the less.;)

Better yet, it could have two tone knobs, a non-carved top, and the three single coils could be mounted on a pick guard...

Or better yet, it could be black, with a maple neck and board, with a black pickguard with single coils monted to it and have the other S type stuff, oh and call it a David Gilmour Signiture Series...oh and have an SE version that lands in the sub 700 price range...NOW that is what I call a better yet! That thing would just drip cool...not feeling it with this puppy however...but I'm sure JM has that sort of fan boy in his camp too...right? It's just not this guy...not even a little...

Back