The Shameful Elephant's in the Room

If they had any self respect they would focus on reissuing instruments exactly like their first designs, jacking up the price, and figuring out ways to make them look like they were made over 50 years ago.

Hmm....this sounds vaguely familiar.

Sounds to me like you'd better sell your 594. Can't seem to reconcile the fact that it's everything, and more, you were looking for in your failed attempt to buy an LP.

Gibson and Fender have focused production on the models that they made 60 years ago, and we fault them for that. Yet, it seems the OP wants PRS to do the same and stay focused on the CU 22 and 24. Innovators move on. Have you ever heard the saying “build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door”? Isn’t that what PRS is doing with the 594 and the SS? I for one, am tired of an extremely heavy, poorly constructed, overpriced Les Paul. I still have several, but I never play them. I appreciate a better constructed instrument with the features I’m looking for.

I'm having a difficult time reconciling the OP with this other one.

To each his own, of course, and thankfully choices abound.

The snarky language, however, makes it read like a tryhard 1-star Yelp review.
Hmm. As pointed out, good catch.

Wonder if the OP has anything to say about apparent self-contradiction?

Hmm....this sounds vaguely familiar.

Sorry for the over-the-top sarcasm...but these types of tirades are really starting to annoy me...there are plenty of places on the internet to go for this, that’s why I come here.

Last edited:
Suhr, Tom Anderson, and countless others make Strat Copies for well above Fender prices and nobody bats an eye. PRS makes one and the internet loses it's mind. Just goes to show how illogical some people can be.

And the 594 is as much a copy as an ESP Eclipse is. There's obvious inspirations, but the body isn't really designed that similarly.

If PRS had released the Silver Sky some time in past I could see some possibility in calling it a copy (I disagree that it's a copy). However, it was released as a signature model in conjunction with signing a major artist known for using a strat. I thought I had read/heard somewhere that Paul was even hesitant in creating it at all, and Mayer had to push for it (I could be totally wrong with that).

Sorry for the over-the-top sarcasm...but these types of tirades are really starting to annoy me...there are plenty of places on the internet to go for this, that’s why I come here.

No, no....I'm dripping with sarcasm myself. Plus, I come here for the same reason. That, and because I don't think the Feds roll through here. I'm trying to keep a low profile.

I mean, first of all, an American made Strat costs like 1500, not exactly thousands less than an SS. Second of all, PRS worked with Ted McCarty extensively on guitar development, and Ted wasn't exactly fond of Gibson toward the end. Do you tell G and L they're just making Strat copies? Third, all you need to know is that people are upcharging the price of an SS because they are so popular. There's a reason for that. I'm gonna give OP the benefit of the doubt and say he just wanted cool new models to try, and there's nothing wrong with that. But there's also nothing wrong with Wayne Charvel using Fender's license to make a "hot rod" guitar that looks like a strat. And don't even get me started about ghost builders. Tons of those artists' Les Pauls aren't even made by Gibson, they just needed that "look"

just curious, was that elephant white or pink. Asking for a friend.

Pretty sure it was pink.....

NzaHyFj.jpg

Back