The One That Got Away!

Oh man! #1 is painful for me. I too, have to occasionally do some wife math!!!

Yeah, as long as I can do it without hitting the checkbook, I ALWAYS have a yes. She knows I buy and sell so I have money in paypal or cash from that. So any time I have say $500 in paypal, sell a guitar or amp, then buy a new one, I don't need permission. The truth is, there have been several instances where I really wanted something, and I know if I had asked she would have told me to just do it and not to try to worry about selling stuff to pay it back, I just didn't want to ask. My two biggest regrets on that front, the Stripped 58 (which I probably would have asked if hadn't sold) and an HX/DA that a guy agreed to a trade deal with a disclaimer that if a cash deal came along he had to take it first. The guy felt so bad on backing out of our trade deal at the last minute, that he even said "I told the other guy that I really needed a cash deal, but that you had first dibs, so if you can do cash instead of the trade it's still yours." I was so disappointed I didn't even ask and I probably only needed a grand or so. I still think that some day I'll finally play an HX/DA and that one will haunt me even worse than it does now.

I don't have any seller's remorse for any PRS, but then again, there's only been one that I sold, that was an S2 Singlecut Semihollow that I never really bonded with. Non-PRS, I would say it was definitely my 2008 Les Paul Custom in Alpine White. Wish I could have that one back.

Back