the guitar that almost got away... again

watelessness

i have a 2010 McShootout from the limited run. it is one of the best-feeling guitars i've ever played. it has tremendous sustain, absolutely tremendous. for nearly a decade and a half i have proclaimed it one of my "cold dead hands" guitars. and yet i rarely play it, and at least once a year I consider selling it to fund some other piece of gear that I fancy.

Before I put it up for sale I always play it for a while, and then can't imagine why I would ever let go of a piece this special.

what is wrong with me? anyone else have this problem?

i have a 2010 McShootout from the limited run. it is one of the best-feeling guitars i've ever played. it has tremendous sustain, absolutely tremendous. for nearly a decade and a half i have proclaimed it one of my "cold dead hands" guitars. and yet i rarely play it, and at least once a year I consider selling it to fund some other piece of gear that I fancy.

Before I put it up for sale I always play it for a while, and then can't imagine why I would ever let go of a piece this special.

Sure do. I’ve sold a bunch of guitars that fit this scenario. Basically, I’m an idiot

I had to stop doing this.. result is typically the same. Never sell and always buy. Now, if it doesn't get played it gets sold and when I remember it with regret I think about the guitar that replaced it that I do play.

Living in the now

Sure do. I’ve sold a bunch of guitars that fit this scenario. Basically, I’m a loveable idiot

Fixed.

I’m have recently gifted two, my son plays the SE 245 the most, but he’ll let me have it back for gigs. So effectively I’m down to three and an acoustic.

The three (really four) l’ve left are sonically different and fit certain songs. They’re the special ones, as is the SE 245.

So I’m in the camp of not selling, only gifting and I’ve no more to gift without leaving a sonic gap

Fixed.

I’m have recently gifted two, my son plays the SE 245 the most, but he’ll let me have it back for gigs. So effectively I’m down to three and an acoustic.

The three (really four) l’ve left are sonically different and fit certain songs. They’re the special ones, as is the SE 245.

So I’m in the camp of not selling, only gifting and I’ve no more to gift without leaving a sonic gap
Thanks bro, I’ll accept your fix

I have this same issue with over 30 guitars. Yes, the struggle is real.

Never should have let my SAS go…trying to get it back.

Anyone want to help a “Make A Wish” Kid? ;)
I had a thought about possibly putting the stock pickups back in my and selling it a couple of weeks ago. I may have officially talked myself out of that nonsense.

I’m a guitar black hole. They fall in never to reappear again. The event horizon is when I first see the damn photos.

Wanna be like me? You just have to be super dense.

Occasionally though some light escapes due to complicated science.
EC8yV4f.jpeg

I’m a guitar black hole. They fall in never to reappear again. The event horizon is when I first see the damn photos.

Wanna be like me? You just have to be super dense.

Occasionally though some light escapes due to complicated science.
EC8yV4f.jpeg

When I saw that top I peed a little.

The addiction is real but I’ve had to implement a self funding policy. After 30 years of acquiring gear I just have way too much. I only fund new purchases by selling off unused or less used items. Since I’m typically upgrading to higher quality things it has the added benefit of cutting down on clutter.

Back