Would PRS Ever Release the EG Again

MarcWink

Okay, I have two new PRS guitars sitting in my guitar rack right now, but looking at my SE Silver Sky just not got me wondering if PRS would ever do the EG again? I think an H-S-H EG with a 25" scale length and a Floyd Rose would be a pretty awesome competitor to the RG's and LTD's of the world. And you'd be hard pressed to say that PRS isn't metal, after all, a Custom 24 through a Dual Rectifier was THE metal sound of the late 90's and early 2000's.

That's unfortunate. I think it would be super cool to see a PRS take on the HSH Super Strat. Hell, they could just reroute the body for the SE Silver Sky for HSH and use an import version of the HFS/VB or \m/ pickups.

The Fiore is also in that Fender camp. That would give you the HSS pickup configuration. If that guitar had come out about 10 years sooner, I would probably own one. I already have a few very nice HSS guitars from other builders and had most if not all of them before they released that model. I still look at them on occasion but really have enough guitars like it to not really need one.

Back