The One That Got Away!

guitar (gu)rube

Inspiration, move me brightly…
Hey folks! What’s the one PRS that you didn’t/couldn’t buy, or maybe traded/sold, that you wish you had?

Years ago I played a Standard 24 at Willcutt. My only complaint at the time was that it didn’t have bird inlays haha! I remember my dear friend saying, who has since passed away, “the birds don’t make it play any better” haha!

I loved that guitar! Not the fanciest of models, but man was it good. It was vintage natural, played and sounded great! I’m pretty sure it was $1500 new at that time. Went back a couple weeks later to get it, and it was gone. So that’s my story. Let’s hear yours.

Years ago I played a Standard 24 at Willcutt. My only complaint at the time was that it didn’t have bird inlays haha! I remember my dear friend saying, who has since passed away, “the birds don’t make it play any better” haha!

Same thing here. There was a black McCarty with P90, well priced, lovely rosewood neck but no birds. Took me 3 days to finally men up and the day I was going to my bank for money, it got sold.

I'm still bumped to this day

Not a guitar but a PRS paisley 4x12 unloaded cabinet. It was from a Craigslist seller in Phoenix and I had just bought his Dallas. When we met in Casa Grande I asked him about the cab and he said that someone from California had just driven eight hours to pick it up the day before. Mind you, I had no need for it but if he still had it I was going to buy it. Never seen another one.

Somewhere in the north, there’s a blue Swamp Ash CE 24 that I’ve missed twice. The first time, I called Dave’s Guitar and was told a local guy had just put a deposit in it. Fast forward two years, and it showed up at Dave’s again. I went off the website, transferred the money to my bank account on line, went back to the website and it was sold. If you ever see the great blue whale (I believe it was whale blue), Captain Arab will be waiting. The money is ready.

Somewhere in the north, there’s a blue Swamp Ash CE 24 that I’ve missed twice. The first time, I called Dave’s Guitar and was told a local guy had just put a deposit in it. Fast forward two years, and it showed up at Dave’s again. I went off the website, transferred the money to my bank account on line, went back to the website and it was sold. If you ever see the great blue whale (I believe it was whale blue), Captain Arab will be waiting. The money is ready.
I hope it returns to you one day soon! I friend of mine plays a Swamp Ash special he’s had for probably 20yrs. Those are cool guitars!

There have been many for sale on various selling sites that I have lusted after.

I always see one then ponder it for a day or two then when I decide to buy, it's gone.

My 2011 cu 24 was the exact opposite. It had 5909s like I wanted and the finish was fantastic.

I decided in a matter of seconds that I wanted it. I did set a budget and towards the end it turned into a bidding war.

I thought I had it in the bag and another bid came in, I frantically tried to push another bid in just seconds away from sale end. I was pretty sure didn't get it in quick enough and went to bed in a bad mood.

The next morning I looked and was pleasantly surprised to see i won!! Ten dollars under my budget too.

That guitar got me 100% hooked on prs.

There have been many for sale on various selling sites that I have lusted after.

I always see one then ponder it for a day or two then when I decide to buy, it's gone.

My 2011 cu 24 was the exact opposite. It had 5909s like I wanted and the finish was fantastic.

I decided in a matter of seconds that I wanted it. I did set a budget and towards the end it turned into a bidding war.

I thought I had it in the bag and another bid came in, I frantically tried to push another bid in just seconds away from sale end. I was pretty sure didn't get it in quick enough and went to bed in a bad mood.

The next morning I looked and was pleasantly surprised to see i won!! Ten dollars under my budget too.

That guitar got me 100% hooked on prs.
Very nice!!!

Back