The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I like to think I'm less of an a-hole now, then I was when I was in by 20's
That’s the goal...except on Tuesdays, also known as “all-dumba$$es-day”, and let’s face it, they were askin’ for it. o_O

I’m ashamed of some of the stuff I did/said as a kid. Just wow...:oops: My high school/college girlfriend deserves a medal.

That’s the goal...except on Tuesdays, also known as “all-dumba$$es-day”, and let’s face it, they were askin’ for it. o_O

I’m ashamed of some of the stuff I did/said as a kid. Just wow...:oops: My high school/college girlfriend deserves a medal.
For me it's Thursday, which I had to rename "Turdsday" years ago. For some idiot reason, if something is going to really suck at work, it's almost guaranteed to be Turdsday. And that's tomorrow.
Anyway... yeah... I used to get mad a sh!t. Not anymore. Many years ago I decided that getting mad is a waste of energy and would do nothing but damage myself and others.

John (his friends call him John) posted this the other day. It seems he's gearing up for tour.

View attachment 7049

“Friends! Guitar friends!”;)

The guitar stand needs a Santana in it to complete the picture:cool:

Fixed;)

I’ve only ever been nice to people so I’ll just have imagine how terrible you could have been!;)

my silver sky w/ custom scratch plate & a few of my favorite things
U9HnVo4.jpg

silver sky recessed pickup 7 pickup combo mod.
cVoaOUP.jpg
I dig the look!

what do ya'll think of the SS knobs? I'm actually not a big fan. if they had a bit more grip and were made of maybe heavier less "cheap" plastic.
I had to do some tracks that required me to do some knob work on the performance so I ended up putting on some really old Strat knobs (didn't look right so I didn't keep em) and I felt right at home.

I will say I now pickup my Strats and feel like they are chunky and weird shaped haha.
the SS is probably the BEST playing guitar I've ever played. even when not set up to my specs it plays like a dream.
if I could make one other complaint, frets that were (tiny bit) bigger would be nice. I love the 7 1/4 radius though. I never realized that was the reason I liked my AVRI strat necks more than my Eric Johnson or Strat Plus necks. the radius seems to give me better leverage for bends. I've also never had a problem fretting out, even with my AVRI vintage frets. if it's fretting out, it's just set up wrong.

I also had to switch out the volume potentiometer (I still found a 300k pot that read similar to the original one thank came with the guitar so I could reuse the same resistor). I tend to like a pot that has a bit of resistance, kinda like hifi studio equipment.

I really don't understand about this design: Why the truss rod cover does not cover the whole parts of truss rod?
In this photo, you can still see a small part of...the wood between truss rod and finger board.

47103598451_444801c2c8_c.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to announce that the first Silver Sky (Tungsten) has landed yesterday on the Lebanese soil.
Alas not for me but for a dear friend of mine, but I was the enabler of course, after egging and encouraging him for so long he final succumbed.
He has an original 62 Strat and he can't believe that he's playing a PRS that feels so vintage and sounds spectacular.

Oh, such a good feeling

I would like to announce that the first Silver Sky (Tungsten) has landed yesterday on the Lebanese soil.
Alas not for me but for a dear friend of mine, but I was the enabler of course, after egging and encouraging him for so long he final succumbed.
He has an original 62 Strat and he can't believe that he's playing a PRS that feels so vintage and sounds spectacular.

Oh, such a good feeling

Nice job!

Back