The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

BFBA1-E3-F-7831-44-E0-B570-9-DF90-CCE0-AE1.jpg

I saw some clips from John’s rehearsal show that appear to have him playing a pink-ish/magenta-ish Silver Sky. I’d buy one in this color!

Dear PRS ppl,
Shell Pink finish please!!!:D

my silver sky w/ custom scratch plate & a few of my favorite things
U9HnVo4.jpg

silver sky recessed pickup 7 pickup combo mod.
cVoaOUP.jpg
Hey man, not sure if this posted before, but where did you get a custom pick guard from? I’m loving the one ply! Going to get a onyx one and the black would look sweet!

my silver sky w/ custom scratch plate & a few of my favorite things
U9HnVo4.jpg

silver sky recessed pickup 7 pickup combo mod.
cVoaOUP.jpg

I went back to have a look at your photos.

Thanks for the detailed shot of the trem, man that bridge is a thing of beauty.

I know what an F ‘62 bridge is like and the trem on the SS is a great improvement by design.

Paul and his team do a wonderful job on the whole guitar, down to every little detail!

Last edited:
I’m really wanting a SS, only had one chance to play one for a few minutes but loved it. My number one at the moment is a 594, absolutely killer guitar. I’ve seen others in this thread brag on their 594’s. How would you compare the necks and feel of 10’s on each? I use NYXL 10’s mostly.

Thanks for your thoughts! Also wondering when the new colors will hit the streets?

I’m really wanting a SS, only had one chance to play one for a few minutes but loved it. My number one at the moment is a 594, absolutely killer guitar. I’ve seen others in this thread brag on their 594’s. How would you compare the necks and feel of 10’s on each? I use NYXL 10’s mostly.

Thanks for your thoughts! Also wondering when the new colors will hit the streets?
Ron, I have a 594 soapy, and a Silver Sky.
I have NYXL 10-46 on both.
I can easily/seamlessly move between each neck/guitar. They both feel like home to me.
Kudos to PRS/JM for comfortable neck feel.

I can easily/seamlessly move between each neck/guitar. They both feel like home to me.

When they’re your guitars, the familiarity of the radius becomes natural in your hand, despite the difference!

Thank you so much!! And I can try..!! Keep an eye out for a David Gilmour post in a few weeks!

YW! Thanks Peter! I haven't seen any demos that have coverd any of his stuff so far so far,. I'm sure you'll kill it!

Last edited:

I second the kudos to the fellas! The thing is hands down, the most amazing guitar I've ever played. I never really understood what everybody meant when they said..."it feels like home". I TOTALLY get it now! This thing is phenomenal!

When they’re your guitars, the familiarity of the radius becomes natural in your hand, despite the difference!

TRUTH!

I was a little (okay a lot) apprehensive about the neck radius, before I ordered one. Especially since I wasn't able to actually get my hands one before I pulled the trigger. However the supurb craftsmanship on the entire neck is a thing of beauty. The neck is not something I would be concerned with when it comes to a PRS. Their attention to detail; especially when it comes to the fretwork; is where this thing leaves the others in the rearview mirror.

IMHO this is the most comfortable, but more importantly, the easiest neck I have ever played.

So, my advice to the OP is don't let specs get in the way of your decision. This guitar inspires me to play like no other guitar has. Everytime I so much as even think about it I have to play it! As far as the feel and playabilty are concerned...well, it just doesn't get better than this. I mean unless you have a metal hook for a hand or something...if you do please accept my most humble apology.;)

Last edited:
I second the kudos to the fellas! The thing is hands down, the most amazing guitar I've ever played. I never really understood what everybody meant when they said..."it feels like home". I TOTALLY get it now! This thing is a phenomenal!

TRUTH!

I was a little (okay a lot) apprehensive about the neck radius, before I ordered one. Especially since I wasnt able to actually get my hands one before I pulled the trigger. However the supurb craftsmanship on the entire neck is a thing of beauty. The neck is not something I would be concerned with when it comes to a PRS. Their attention to detail; especially when it comes to the fretwork; is where this thing leaves the others in the rearview mirror.

IMHO this the most comfortable, but more importantly, the easiest neck I have ever played.

So, my advice to the OP is don't let specs get in the way of your decision. This guitar inspires me to play like no other guitar has. Everytime I so much as even think about it I have to play it! As far as the feel and playabilty are concerned it just doesn't get better than this...YRMV...I mean unless you have a metal hook for a hand or something...if you do please accept my most humble apology.;)

So stoked it’s working well for you buddy :D

The necks aren't that far off. Both very comfortable. I ran 9s on my SS due to the scale length.

Back