The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

that cup looks like a bad time.

Xw46QBH.jpg

The 90’s are back, baby!!

The Silver Sky comes with the option of a rosewood or maple fretboard. The maple fretboard option comes with the original 635JM neck shape, while the rosewood fretboard option has been subtly modified in the shoulders to feel more “rounded” in your hand. Both neck shapes were designed by researching vintage instruments and Mayer test-driving guitars on stage to find what felt right. The fretboard radius on both options is 7.25”.

So did they modify the neck on the rosewood version ? I'm curious how this is different.

How the he!? did they know I wanted one of those? I didn't even know I wanted one of those!
Yep! Exactly how I’m feeling - finally see Dodgem Blue with all maple neck then BAM! Helllllooooooooo Nebula! Rosewood board?!? So what!

Though Nebula would look great with an all maple neck :p

Polar Blue is nice, but no Lake WA Paul Blue?

And just like that, boom I want a silver sky.. Now to find one in Nebula in Australia.

Probably will be easier to find one in Australia than in my house...the wife caught me drooling and mumbling like a mad person to myself, after seeing it yesterday. She shut me down quicker than a Customs Agent stopping Johnny Depp at the border with illegal Yorksire Terriers. DOH!!!!

i was ‘ordered’ to buy one of these (wife is from the 90s), but the weird finish is a $600 upcharge and the pickups are still single coils.

i was ‘ordered’ to buy one of these (wife is from the 90s), but the weird finish is a $600 upcharge and the pickups are still single coils.
Please, for the sake of your marriage, order one. You can have it sent to me and I will hide it among my guitars so you won’t have to look at those skinny pickups! I’m here for you, brother!

Devastated that I missed out on the Nebula. :( Didn't realize it went on sale right away.
You didn't miss out on the Nebula. No-one buys direct from PRS - they've all been bought by dealers.

So go find your favorite dealer and see if they have one on pre-order!

Probably will be easier to find one in Australia than in my house...the wife caught me drooling and mumbling like a mad person to myself, after seeing it yesterday. She shut me down quicker than a Customs Agent stopping Johnny Depp at the border with illegal Yorksire Terriers. DOH!!!!
There's likely only 2 or 3 coming into the country, so I'm not holding my breath, but I did send out a few emails to see if any of the big dealers have one coming that's not yet allocated.
We're also about a year behind the rest of the world, so it might arrive by June next year.

Last edited:
Whelp. I bought a Nebula Silver Sky. Not sure yet if this was a smart idea considering I already have Dodgem Blue....

I could die tomorrow and my money would be wasted... right? RIGHT?

Meh..just send your Dodgem Blue one and I'll dispose of it properly...easy peasy.

Yeah, I'm a natural born problem solver...it's a gift.:D

There's likely only 2 or 3 coming into the country, so I'm not holding my breath, but I did send out a few emails to see if any of the not dealers have one coming that's not yet allocated.
We're also about a year behind the rest of the world, so it might arrive by June next year.

Well, I’ve reserved at least one of them ;-) (assuming you meant Australia).

This means I will sell my Dodgem Blue one, any ideas on best method to sell that?

Back