The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Hypercolor-Tops.jpg

You know I really dig the SS and I only got rid of mine because I had a guitarmergency and these are so damn consistent, I didn't worry about replacing in the future...no super curly top to wistfully remember ;)

So I had my mind set on a maple board version assuming their inevitable arrival. I am definitely a maple strat guy because I do feel like most of the strats I've played with rosewood boards are a little dark for me.

That being said, my previous SS with the RW...never felt that, didn't lack high end etc.

Thus making the Nebula one I might consider making Space for...

<in other words HOLY POOP thats hot I want it>

So I had my mind set on a maple board version assuming their inevitable arrival. I am definitely a maple strat guy because I do feel like most of the strats I've played with rosewood boards are a little dark for me. That being said, my previous SS with the RW...never felt that, didn't lack high end etc.
I totally agree. If I was listening blindfolded, I wouldn't notice any lack of (or too much!) highs on the SS. Great observation!

If Paul were offering... I'd ask for a Nebula first, then beg for a Midnight Rose Maple second. Those are two seriously monstrous finishes!

Back