The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Of course! I'm pretty sure the PRS team, including Shawn, are either too busy heading to the show or covering for people that are going.

Also, if the rumors of maple FB and new colors are true, then saying anything will cause trouble. So best stay silent. Whenever this really hits, we'll all have too much to talk about!

“Que Sera, sera.....”

My thoughts only:
I suspect there will be a maple FB and new colors.
Maybe they will do the same during the first release. Cases for the first 500 and gigbags for the rest.
Or a twist. John wanted to move the guitar forward.
Therefore 10 inch radius on rosewood FB and 7.25 on maple FB.
Why? Because as much as you want to move guitar forward you also have to think sales.
The bitchers who complained about 7.25 on rosewood will buy it now due to PRS radius of 10 inches.
If they still ***** they were never going to buy it anyways or will always ***** no matter what.

And the lovers of 7.25 now have an option of Maple fretboard. But not Rosewood because from a business point if you want 7.25 we do have it but in maple.
If you want it in rosewood then used market is the only place and I suspect people may jack up the price that they just won't buy it and they'll just get the Maple FB.

So the guitar moves forward that it evolves to a new radius but with a new FB, it's still connected a little to the past....for now.

Winter NAMM starts today. What shall it reveal? Being on the left coast, it will probably be late in the day for us east-coasters before any news hits.

Someone posted a photo from a German site of a Maple board Silver Sky in pink. MUST HAVE

o19SimL.jpg

Someone posted a photo from a German site of a Maple board Silver Sky in pink. MUST HAVE

o19SimL.jpg
That's the new Midnight Rose color, supposedly. I think I'll stick with a virtual pre-order I have placed for the Golden Mesa, but that Rose does look tasty...

Yay! Maple necks & FBs!

If that Nebula had been offered with a maple FB, I'd be all over it. I'll settle for a Golden Mesa or Midnight Rose.

Back