The Official "McCarty Singlecut" Love Thread!!

Okay, I confess. Was not sure if the "club" would have me, but jumped in anyway ;).....Just took delivery 2 days ago of the very guitar that started this thread. I am more than impressed this far. I thought I had something that covered pretty much the same ground, but the reviews have been so good, I had to give it a shot. And this one DOES have something extra, for sure. Expect to play it in a "group setting" tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

Following the trail of comments from Les, maybe this one gets named Thor(?)

Okay, I confess. Was not sure if the "club" would have me, but jumped in anyway ;).....Just took delivery 2 days ago of the very guitar that started this thread. I am more than impressed this far. I thought I had something that covered pretty much the same ground, but the reviews have been so good, I had to give it a shot. And this one DOES have something extra, for sure. Expect to play it in a "group setting" tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

Or at least Mjolnar (the name of Thor's hammer, if memory serves). ;)

So glad you got one of these!

Here is mine. It´s a prototype, so it has BRRW board and headstock overlay.
It´s the exactly same thickness as the regular SC. Great sounding guitar.

15414581564_37f6105ea6_h.jpg

Here is mine. It´s a prototype, so it has BRRW board and headstock overlay.
It´s the exactly same thickness as the regular SC. Great sounding guitar.

15414581564_37f6105ea6_h.jpg

WOWA! That is beautiful. Would love to see the board, peghead and back. Congratulations, that is so nice!

There is a soapbar version on the bay listed as a 245

Not the same guitar. They are phenomenal guitars, don't get me wrong, but they're not the McCarty Singlecuts that are in this thread.

The new ones are Private Stock and Artist Relations models built by the Private Stock team, and have a two piece bridge instead of the one piece, etc. They also have a thicker body without a belly cut, private stock woods, specially wound pickups, Mammoth Ivory inlays, etc.

While they're not the same guitars, as I said the Teds are great guitars, and IMHO are worth more than the asking price, fantastic bargains.

Glad you are digging it!! That is a killer guitar.

My personally spec'ed one came into Willcutt's today. I should have pics tomorrow. I am going to wait until next week to get it shipped, to steer clear of the last minute Christmas shipping madness. ;)

I am excited!

Glad you are digging it!! That is a killer guitar.

My personally spec'ed one came into Willcutt's today. I should have pics tomorrow. I am going to wait until next week to get it shipped, to steer clear of the last minute Christmas shipping madness. ;)

I am excited!

I don't blame you!

So last I remember you went on kind of a singlecut tear. What's the stable like these days?

Back