The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

VERY glad that they came out with a core line production version of the 594! I was so impressed with all the awesome geeky specs of this guitar and telling my wife how big of a deal this all was that even she got excited about it. So much so that during this years 2016 Experience, she and I went in together on the totally unplanned purchase of a McCarty 594. The deal was this... I got the guitar I wanted but she picked out the single piece 10 top and color that she wanted (violet/purple). The guitar is fantastic!

PRS2016_McCarty594.jpg

Here's my River Blue RW Artist beauty that I purchased from Brett and the gang at Moore Music during Exp PRS; IMHO this was bar none the best 594 in the room...and I only say that cause I didn't see a PS with a RW neck...

594%20Collage.jpg

...I'll say this again; thanks again Pete for your continued PRS tonal journey and letting us join in the fun...your thoughts on this model definitely made my purchase a no brainer. Oh and your old SC RW Ted is still in safe hands...but this 594 might have ruined me a bit. Can you say 594 SC?

This is gorgeous!!! Congrats!

Here's my River Blue RW Artist beauty that I purchased from Brett and the gang at Moore Music during Exp PRS; IMHO this was bar none the best 594 in the room...and I only say that cause I didn't see a PS with a RW neck...

594%20Collage.jpg

...I'll say this again; thanks again Pete for your continued PRS tonal journey and letting us join in the fun...your thoughts on this model definitely made my purchase a no brainer. Oh and your old SC RW Ted is still in safe hands...but this 594 might have ruined me a bit. Can you say 594 SC?

You are welcome, Chris!

I love that finish. Matches the top great too. I am GAS'ing for a Core/Artist 594, I will be keeping an eye out for one in that finish.

I am still awaiting the 594 Semi-Hollow (no F-Hole) Private Stock I spec'ed in March. But beyond that a 594 scale SC in definitely on the top of the list!

These have my attention, slightly thicker neck and Vol + Tone for each pickup. Sure, I'll give one a try at a local shop to see and buy from anywhere because PRS is so utterly consistent if nothing else. I find the Wide/Fat a little too thin and the Pattern seemed thinner so I hope these are a closer fit.

Just to be clear, these McCarty 594's have what they call a Pattern Vintage neck carve. It is thicker closer to the nut and thinner around the 12th - 22nd frets end of the neck. Try it and see how you like it.
The pattern vintage is asymmetrical, not tapered. It's thicker on the bass side(low e),and thinner on the treble side (high e)

My feelings:
Pattern Vintage is thicker than pattern but thinner than wide fat.
My McCarty has pattern, my Singlecut has wide fat. I felt the pattern vintage between them.

VERY glad that they came out with a core line production version of the 594! I was so impressed with all the awesome geeky specs of this guitar and telling my wife how big of a deal this all was that even she got excited about it. So much so that during this years 2016 Experience, she and I went in together on the totally unplanned purchase of a McCarty 594. The deal was this... I got the guitar I wanted but she picked out the single piece 10 top and color that she wanted (violet/purple). The guitar is fantastic!

PRS2016_McCarty594.jpg

My wife helps me with her opinions and suggestions as well. She helped me decide on a PS, and the color. Your wife has supreme taste in picking guitars! WOW! Had I seen that guitar, if I were at the Experience, I'd have been all over it. Congratulations.

594-2_zpsf2rjrxc0.jpg

She didn't get her own NGD fanfare, as she arrived on the same day as the Fire Red Glow Monster, and who could compete with that? But she's awesome, and thus I am contributing to the love-sharing thread here. Please excuse the mediocre iPhone photo and crappy background. But you get the idea. I love Blood Orange, and I really dig how it looks on this one-piece top. Good eye, Brian :)

I can firmly say that the 594 sounds COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than any other PRS I have in my stable. Completely. Must be those set screws on the tuners ;) No, seriously, I am sure this is a "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" thing. The notes come off and out of the guitar in a more smooth and even way. There's a interesting kind of bloom / sustain, different from a semi-hollow. I don't have any other PRSes with the two-piece bridge, so I have to figure that plus scale length contribute heavily. The 58/15LTs are gorgeous. More singing than screaming on this one, but strong singing. More lower mids than I expected. I have two other recent McCartys, and this it totally unique. Really cool. Check one out if you can.

BTW here they are...the Bloody McCarty Sisters...interesting how different BO looks on two different tops...
McCarty%20Sisters_zpses8grkua.jpg

Last edited:
594-2_zpsf2rjrxc0.jpg

She didn't get her own NGD fanfare, as she arrived on the same day as the Fire Red Glow Monster, and who could compete with that? But she's awesome, and thus I am contributing to the love-sharing thread here. Please excuse the mediocre iPhone photo and crappy background. But you get the idea. I love Blood Orange, and I really dig how it looks on this one-piece top. Good eye, Brian :)

I can firmly say that the 594 sounds COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than any other PRS I have in my stable. Completely. Must be those set screws on the tuners ;) No, seriously, I am sure this is a "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" thing. The notes come off and out of the guitar in a more smooth and even way. There's a interesting kind of bloom / sustain, different from a semi-hollow. I don't have any other PRSes with the two-piece bridge, so I have to figure that plus scale length contribute heavily. The 58/15LTs are gorgeous. More singing than screaming on this one, but strong singing. More lower mids than I expected. I have two other recent McCartys, and this it totally unique. Really cool. Check one out if you can.

BTW here they are...the Bloody McCarty Sisters...interesting how different BO looks on two different tops...

Carl, you are SO the man. Nice, nice, nice!!!

594-2_zpsf2rjrxc0.jpg

Killin' it Carl, absolutely killin' it! Really getting the itch. That WL run can't finish soon enough!

here's a new review

Even though they had a few facts wrong about the guitar, the guy who played it did a nice job demo-ing its tone quality.

I think it might sound a touch more vintage than even The Hammer Of The Gods.

It's possible that when mine comes, I'm not going to want to play anything else! :eek:

Even though they had a few facts wrong about the guitar, the guy who played it did a nice job demo-ing its tone quality.

I think it might sound a touch more vintage than even The Hammer Of The Gods.

It's possible that when mine comes, I'm not going to want to play anything else! :eek:
I agree, they could have done their homework a little more on the model, but the playing is great as well as the tone.

594-2_zpsf2rjrxc0.jpg

That is bloody awesome Sir Carl
You sure know how to pick'em

Congrats

Well, I figured a vintage playing and vintage sounding guitar should have a vintage finish, so I went with the McCarty burst.

Just kicked it up a few notches with an Artist Pkg. and voila. This will be in my hands shortly.

1E901B2C-6A21-4B4D-B3F8-176D819283DC_zpshb5fbd9k.jpg
F1E9CC62-62C7-4FCA-A512-33D334F3B745_zpspnvi103b.jpg

Last edited:
Back