The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I can see this guitar being made in a LIMITED run by the core dept. Kind of like they did with the SIGNATURE LIMITED...Do ya think ?

My original plan was to wish and wait for the core model. While a core model would undoubtedly diminish the value of the PS on the second hand market, I have no regrets as I foresee the 594 as a lifetime keeper. Besides how does one put a value on the joy experienced between now and whenever.

My original plan was to wish and wait for the core model. While a core model would undoubtedly diminish the value of the PS on the second hand market, I have no regrets as I foresee the 594 as a lifetime keeper. Besides how does one put a value on the joy experienced between now and whenever.

I'd agree, and I'll also add that the PS guitars with their nitro finishes, more time spent on hand work, etc, are different from the Core models anyway. They feel different, and with their select woods, they sound a little different. Enough to make the choice of a PS very rewarding.

I'd go the PS route regardless of whether they come out with a limited run Core model.

Hot off the presses today!

Eric from Willcutts doing a video with my 594. (I had given him permission to do the video prior to shipping it to me.)

TONE MONSTER!!

That neck tone is to die for...

That was a very special week the first week of March!

Tuesday - At the Vault with Tina and Paul Miles spec'ing 594 Private Stocks, and fondling Paul S's Charcoal Burst prototype
Tuesday Night - Dinner with Paul S, Paul Miles, Tina, Eric and others from PRS, talked a lot about the 594
Thursday - Eric shoots that video and then ships my 594
Friday - Best NGD ever! ;)

Okay, so I was out of town for a week, in Northern CA with the family, had a fun trip! That being said, I missed the 594 dearly. I had some time last week and over the weekend to spend some quality time with it, and to A/B it with my other guitars.

I must say, this is my favorite guitar to-date! Previously that honor belonged to my 2012 Jade Glow DC 245, and my 2014 Citrus Glow McCarty Singlecut. All three are still in the same wheelhouse for me, but I really dig the 594 the most right now, for a few reasons:
  • Tone is off the charts great! Not only is it just a rock monster at full-tilt on the bridge, but also the neck lead tone is to die for. Even beyond that, the 58/15 LT's are great clean, and incredible split. With 2 Volume and Tone, and the split capabilities, this is tonally probably the most flexible dual humbucker PRS I have ever owned.
  • Really dig the Pattern Vintage asymmetric carve. It is beefy! Like an R9, a little beefier than most WF's I have owned.
  • The 3-Way position is awesome, very functional and easy to get used to.
  • The scale length is great. For me noticeably longer than the DC/SC 245 scale, and shorter than for instance a Knaggs 24.75" scale. But it feels fantastic, perfect in its own way for this model. I was worried that it would ruin me for the 245 scale, and that I would feel the need to sell those and build more new ones in this scale, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. I enjoy the 24.594" scale when I play the 594, and still enjoy nuances of the 24.5" guitars when I jump back to them. (Whew!) ;)

PRS really nailed it with this model!!

m4gB1VVLdM3dfejI4YmYsmSJUjKMZrVR7z4crDE3avWvXcIsfvme8VPn0iXD9tt1DQx7xQcJLZ2SXXEQh2rTge0cVtrYYsSDty6zAUlL9ONB77ilDCxgOla4TH3QjLqiRR3mWnrBoDsPM4P9jD5gZjeyd949Uv0EJoyVC527R7Hw6CuvoJfQ_HiEDwJTLfRs7Npmv_UScfHnXQvyeFaqtTyUk3yte89dWRjlyVqbUFZVYqAu6CfMLnPi-PToEP5TYwmBUgjw-l_4ydpJ6NcoQZOiXNQXzbMiHusbPU6SmQqWmMAgeDXvmcXwCcm9Atpxbzou30ORoIC_F-3LEBATJKumtrn5EX8Rzp2tDTRJy1qXi3Kce1-4W8ygftSUwzfL7uptuLUz2ofpGzQgfC2ZNv8cI8U0nR87oolOrzrwc55hoAmHHxLkMv5Xsb5YBnfrIAmZNnoj5o0X7M01YZ486GjFkFc2btATSG2YTNulSY3QbFuD2igMM8DQB-ShmVuIoYcKGrPvO2RqgGUCa86mdlBgPfB1NTN8GCgbTl_l9r6op004TPbSBgiEPtR1Kj7--TKI8A=w960-h1280-no

Any more new acquisitions out there, or thoughts from the guys that have one of these?

Thanks!

-Pete

I am new here and am scheduled to receive delivery of a 594 today. I have had a love-hate relationship with historic Les Pauls (mostly love) and was immediately drawn to this guitar when I learned about it. It was not easy tracking one down. I read somewhere that there were 13 that were allocated to the US market.

Hey GME advanced grats on your new 594. It took me one misstep before securing my 594 a few weeks ago. I've been playing it exclusively until today. I spent a couple hours this morning with my R9. The 594 will deliver everything you love about your LP with none of the hate. The neck carve is perfect, playability sublime and the control layout (including the selector on the upper horn that some find visually offensive) make transitioning from an LP to the 594 easy. Best guitar I ever played. I hope the same proves true for you.

Here's mine

GME, congrats! Hope it lives up to your expectations. I certainly prefer mine over my R9. Looking forward to pics!

Mine arrived safely this morning. I didn't realize it when I purchased my 594 but I think it is the same one that was pictured on the PRS website and was used in the promo video. My camera is charging but I will shoot some pictures tonight. I'm pretty much blown away by this guitar. I am somewhat new to PRS and to the forum and want to temper my enthusiasm but there is nothing that I don't love about this guitar. I'm also blown away by the setup, playability, finish, etc. It really is a step above. The neck carve is also incredible. I couldn't be happier.

I spent a couple hours this morning with my R9. The 594 will deliver everything you love about your LP with none of the hate. The neck carve is perfect, playability sublime and the control layout (including the selector on the upper horn that some find visually offensive) make transitioning from an LP to the 594 easy. Best guitar I ever played.
I should have known better than to check this thread again.
Glad you're liking it, but such a strong endorsement is testing my will.

Mine arrived safely this morning. I didn't realize it when I purchased my 594 but I think it is the same one that was pictured on the PRS website and was used in the promo video. My camera is charging but I will shoot some pictures tonight. I'm pretty much blown away by this guitar. I am somewhat new to PRS and to the forum and want to temper my enthusiasm but there is nothing that I don't love about this guitar. I'm also blown away by the setup, playability, finish, etc. It really is a step above. The neck carve is also incredible. I couldn't be happier.
So awesome! Happy for you. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: GME
Back