The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

This isn't the first time I've seen QAQC issues on this forum.

Did you order this online, or buy it from a brick and mortar?

If it's online, good luck. I can't imagine them caring much. One pissed off customer is a drop in the bucket, and the aggravation isn't worth it.

Not saying I agree with it and certainly not defending them. I'm just looking at it from a bean counter's perspective.

Brick & mortar store would be quick to handle this for you, I would think. They can't afford an upset customer plus, they know the factory will foot the bill for shipping in all directions and repair it in a reasonably timely manner.

This and the other QAQC issues I've seen here has convinced me to only buy PRSi from a brick & mortar dealer.
I'm friends with my drug dealer I mean guitar dealer. I know he would thoroughly inspect every single square millimeter and verify the setup before calling to tell me it arrived. Plus, if there were an issue, he would call the factory and have it ready to ship back to them before calling me.

That's just my local drug dealer I mean guitar dealer. YMMV.

IDK it's well past midnight, and I gotta be up at 6 to get on the road. I lost my train of thought and don't have time to figure out what I was saying.

Hope something here helps

I don't think that got out of the factory that way. I would bet it happened at the dealer.

Ok ok ok hold the phone and back the truck up. Seriously, put the truck in reverse, and come back and pick me up.

Let me make certain that I understand this situation correctly before I make an ass of myself:

You ordered a spanking new PRS
It was damaged before you saw it
And you're responsible for the cost of shipping AND repairs?!

Bro, tell me I've got this wrong before I lose it over here. I'm already having a shysty day. I'm going to come unglued in your defense.

You're a big online retailer. You're going to ship an ungodly expensive piece of gear without CYA?

The customer says the product is damaged.
The factory claims it didn't leave that way.

Guess who I think should be on the hook? Guess who didn't CYA?

Now, let's say it did leave the factory that way. Just go with me on this. The retailer is absolved of all responsibility here. It's in the customer's hands, and it's not right. The customer had no chance to inspect it. That's on the factory. They are on the hook to cover shipping both directions and repair it.
I also think you are entitled to have Paul autograph it, and at least a free set of strings or something as a small form of repayment for your inconvenience.

The head of QAQC should have his ass in the fire because his crew dropped the ball. In turn, he should put his minions' asses in the fire.

Personally, if I were the head of any company in this situation, I would file a written report against all employees who handled that fiddle, and dropped the ball on it.

I've worked in enough factory/type jobs to know that it's everybody's job to do a quality inspection for the work performed at the previous station BEFORE performing their step AND, it's everybody's job to do another quality inspection on their own work.
That means every single step in the process has a minimum of 2 quality inspections BEFORE the product goes to final inspection. And THEN, it gets another inspection at the Fng shipping department.

Lastly, only a fool would run a retail outfit of any type without performing a basic quality inspection on every item that comes in the door and another before it goes out the other door.

I'm not saying it's the retailers job to fix it. I'm saying it's their job to protect their customers and their reputation by doing everything they can to prevent inferior products from going to the customer.

If you think I sound P.O.'d now, wait until this happens to me...

My blood is genuinely boiling for you, bro. As a blue collar tradesman and Craftsman myself, who comes from a very long line of blue collar workers on both sides of the family, and every branch of my family tree:

I feel insulted by inferior quality.

This is MERICA! Quality is supposed to be everything in this country!

I need a beer. I haven't drank in 5 years but, I need a d@mn beer

Not a warranty repair?????

I have no idea. My guess is it happened at the store so they either didn’t catch it before shipping or maybe did and didn’t think I’d notice. There hasn’t been any pushback other than small increases in compensation offers trying to see if I’ll bite but all I see now when I look at the dent is $800.:confused:

Ok ok ok hold the phone and back the truck up. Seriously, put the truck in reverse, and come back and pick me up.

Let me make certain that I understand this situation correctly before I make an ass of myself:

You ordered a spanking new PRS
It was damaged before you saw it
And you're responsible for the cost of shipping AND repairs?!

Bro, tell me I've got this wrong before I lose it over here. I'm already having a shysty day. I'm going to come unglued in your defense.

You're a big online retailer. You're going to ship an ungodly expensive piece of gear without CYA?

The customer says the product is damaged.
The factory claims it didn't leave that way.

Guess who I think should be on the hook? Guess who didn't CYA?

Now, let's say it did leave the factory that way. Just go with me on this. The retailer is absolved of all responsibility here. It's in the customer's hands, and it's not right. The customer had no chance to inspect it. That's on the factory. They are on the hook to cover shipping both directions and repair it.
I also think you are entitled to have Paul autograph it, and at least a free set of strings or something as a small form of repayment for your inconvenience.

The head of QAQC should have his ass in the fire because his crew dropped the ball. In turn, he should put his minions' asses in the fire.

Personally, if I were the head of any company in this situation, I would file a written report against all employees who handled that fiddle, and dropped the ball on it.

I've worked in enough factory/type jobs to know that it's everybody's job to do a quality inspection for the work performed at the previous station BEFORE performing their step AND, it's everybody's job to do another quality inspection on their own work.
That means every single step in the process has a minimum of 2 quality inspections BEFORE the product goes to final inspection. And THEN, it gets another inspection at the Fng shipping department.

Lastly, only a fool would run a retail outfit of any type without performing a basic quality inspection on every item that comes in the door and another before it goes out the other door.

I'm not saying it's the retailers job to fix it. I'm saying it's their job to protect their customers and their reputation by doing everything they can to prevent inferior products from going to the customer.

If you think I sound P.O.'d now, wait until this happens to me...

My blood is genuinely boiling for you, bro. As a blue collar tradesman and Craftsman myself, who comes from a very long line of blue collar workers on both sides of the family, and every branch of my family tree:

I feel insulted by inferior quality.

This is MERICA! Quality is supposed to be everything in this country!

I need a beer. I haven't drank in 5 years but, I need a d@mn beer

:eek::eek::eek:

The repair isn’t necessarily on me. I just researched it out of curiosity. It wasn’t offered as an option as I’m sure they don’t want to pay that, either but I have no idea if dealers get a discount on repair work.

Their position is to either return it (I’m not paying shipping either way) and be made whole or accept a small refund.

I’m not sure what they’ll do with it when I send it back because it’s definitely not mint/new condition. They’re gonna eat shipping both ways and again if it ends up selling.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek:

The repair isn’t necessarily on me. I just researched it out of curiosity. It wasn’t offered as an option as I’m sure they don’t want to pay that, either but I have no idea if dealers get a discount on repair work.

Their position is to either return it (I’m not paying shipping either way) and be made whole or accept a small refund.

I’m not sure what they’ll do with it when I send it back because it’s definitely not mint/new condition. They’re gonna eat shipping both ways and again if it ends up selling.

At the end of the day, the onus should be on the store to either get it fixed by PTC on your behalf (no charge to you) or accept a return for a FULL refund. If it was 'damaged', then the fact it wasn't sold as 'shop damaged' and highlighted, they have 'miss-sold' the product as it was sold as 'new'. I would trust PRS, their PTC dept, to be able to fix this to new condition, you wouldn't know where any damage had occurred unless you were aware of where it occurred.

If the Shop want to get it fixed and sell 'as new', they would have to send it off to PTC to get it done properly. Whether its worth it to them or not, that's their concern. It may be they knock $100 off the MAP and advertise it as shop damaged in a Sale section. I know Anderton's in the UK as well as others will list damaged, repaired, demo or box opened stock as 'B-Stock' and maybe they have something similar. Some people can't resist a 'sale' price even if its not as low as you can 'negotiate' with them for.

At least if its advertised and shown what damage has occurred and where, they aren't miss-selling and the customer knows and accepts the item as is. Maybe the fact its 'damaged' may stop them feeling so careful and being a 'sale' item that they got a bargain.

Anyway, I hope you get the result you want - whether that is a full refund, accept a bigger discount or a full repair ...

Well after a few days back and forth we came to an agreement I can live with. I do really like the guitar and there’s no way I’m gonna get a deal like this again, so I’m keeping her!

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and input!

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is you and getting the right outcome you are happy with. Enjoy :)

Well after a few days back and forth we came to an agreement I can live with. I do really like the guitar and there’s no way I’m gonna get a deal like this again, so I’m keeping her!

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and input!

Nice! Glad you got to a resolution you're happy with. Such a sweet guitar.

Nice! Glad you got to a resolution you're happy with. Such a sweet guitar.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is you and getting the right outcome you are happy with. Enjoy :)

Thanks!

It’s a good one. We bonded pretty hard at band practice last night. I’m sure PRS consistency has something to do with it but this puppy floats my boat. No point in risking that...

Oh, and some happier shots...

9Yf4ORJ.jpg

2KUooja.jpg

s5NW6qm.jpg

Last edited:
S E X Y MAMA

What's her name?

This thread is like putting crack under a crack head's nose, and not letting him smoke any.

I need me some Core model PRS, mayne!

Call her Lola!

“That’s the way I always wanted to stay, always wanted to play that way with my Lola”

;)

Lololololola

If you play a lot of "emotional" blues inspired stuff, you could call her Layla

I always pictured a guitarist dropping to his knees while playing some of those parts

Trying something new...

DnbpkL3.jpg

WTyRxGc.jpg

Ties the binding and pickup rings together and looks more old school but I’m thinking ebony might be a good match, too.

I want to hunt down some pearl buttons. The ivoroid is cool but it’s awfully white and looks kind of plastic-y...

Last edited:
Trying something new...

DnbpkL3.jpg

WTyRxGc.jpg

Ties the binding and pickup rings together and looks more old school but I’m thinking ebony might be a good match, too.

I want to hunt down some pearl buttons. The ivoroid is cool but it’s awfully white and looks kind of plastic-y...

Soak them in some coffee for an hour. They'll look great.

Back