The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Coffee???

I've always been partial to the old Gibson/Kluson tuners. I've seen them called Tulip buttons because they're kinda flower shaped.

Somehow, they just don't look right on a PRS headstock. They seem to stick out funny.

The normal kidney bean lookin tuners see nice but, IDK, they're just...boring.

Any pics?

Coffee???

I've always been partial to the old Gibson/Kluson tuners. I've seen them called Tulip buttons because they're kinda flower shaped.

Somehow, they just don't look right on a PRS headstock. They seem to stick out funny.

This is the only pic I have, and it's of the rings. Don't have the guitar anymore. These were white (ivory?) rings before the coffee soak.

nsjLt92.jpg

Ain't got a picture so we know you're not just fkng with us, huh?

I'm gonna let somebody else fup their guitar before I try it

Coffee???

With as much thought that goes into their design process, I have to admit the tuners are pretty unremarkable and pretty boring.

I’d never even thought about it before in the 20+ years I’ve been looking at PRS Guitars.

With as much thought that goes into their design process, I have to admit the tuners are pretty unremarkable and pretty boring.

I’d never even thought about it before in the 20+ years I’ve been looking at PRS Guitars.

Sorry for pointing it out...

Ok, Bodia. I see where you Fd up in the OP

Looks great. How exactly do you do this? Make a cup of Folger's, and just soak the rings? Hot or cold? How long?

Details, bro. Details

Would the coffee trick work with something like a TUSQ nut as well? Does it actually penetrate the material so that when I have it sanded it does not go back to white?

Ok, Bodia. I see where you Fd up in the OP

Looks great. How exactly do you do this? Make a cup of Folger's, and just soak the rings? Hot or cold? How long?

Details, bro. Details

Make a cup of coffee. Let it cool. Toss the rings in and let them be. Check in an hour for coloring. If it's to your liking, pull them out. If you want them darker, let them soak until they color to your desire.

Would the coffee trick work with something like a TUSQ nut as well? Does it actually penetrate the material so that when I have it sanded it does not go back to white?

Good question. I'm not really sure if it penetrates the material. If you wants to try it on a TUSQ nut I would fit the nut first, and the soak it. I had a set of Pearloid Phase II tuner buttons that I tried it on. They did not take much color, even after 3 hours. Guess it depends on the material.

I am proud to finally be able to make a contribution to the 594 love thread after lurking for so long. New to me Satin Wood Library 594 Semi-Hollow! This is honestly the best guitar I have ever played/heard. I was initially thinking I may want to change out the bridge pickup for something hotter but there's no way I'm changing a thing on this, it's absolutely perfect as it.

Tp8gkwE.jpg

1TXGepb.jpg

YKlqjCq.jpg

I am proud to finally be able to make a contribution to the 594 love thread after lurking for so long. New to me Satin Wood Library 594 Semi-Hollow! This is honestly the best guitar I have ever played/heard. I was initially thinking I may want to change out the bridge pickup for something hotter but there's no way I'm changing a thing on this, it's absolutely perfect as it.

Tp8gkwE.jpg

1TXGepb.jpg

YKlqjCq.jpg

Congratulations, she’s a beauty!

You're not going to like that guitar at all. Trust me. Once the newness wears off, you'll hate it with a passion.

You should just give it to me. I'll take it off your hands at no charge. Save you the headache of dealing with it. I'll give it a nice home.

Nah man you won't like it. It's just not suited to the kind of music you play. And it's not going to fit your hands properly either. Plus, that finish really clashes with your wardrobe.

I'm telling you bro, in just here to look out for you. It's what I'm here for. Just pass it over this way before you realize how much you don't love it. I will take it off your hands for you just to do you a favor

Back