The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I am proud to finally be able to make a contribution to the 594 love thread after lurking for so long. New to me Satin Wood Library 594 Semi-Hollow! This is honestly the best guitar I have ever played/heard. I was initially thinking I may want to change out the bridge pickup for something hotter but there's no way I'm changing a thing on this, it's absolutely perfect as it.

Tp8gkwE.jpg

1TXGepb.jpg

YKlqjCq.jpg

Congrats!
I guess the body is korina? I feel the same vibe as with mine Aquableux Purpleburst, looks like they are from the same WL run.

Yes it has a Korina body and African Blackwood fretboard. I’ve never had anything with either of those woods but so far I’m really digging them. I was a bit worried I wouldn’t like the neck as my preferred shape is pattern thin but they made the pattern vintage extremely comfy for being a thicker neck.

Yes it has a Korina body and African Blackwood fretboard. I’ve never had anything with either of those woods but so far I’m really digging them. I was a bit worried I wouldn’t like the neck as my preferred shape is pattern thin but they made the pattern vintage extremely comfy for being a thicker neck.
Yep it's the same WL run, impeccable taste for sure :cool:

That’s absolutely stunning! Whoever spec’d out this wood library run really hit it out of the park!

I spent some time last night playing through my Mini Dirty Shirley clean and tweaking the pickups and I was surprised that I actually preferred these set a little lower than usual. 3/32 all around except for the bass side neck set at 7/64 seemed to do the trick.

I did some A/B comparisons with my G0 Les Paul and found that the 594 really has its own unique thing going on. In a word I’d describe the 594 as a more complex detailed tone compared to the Les Pauls more straight forward sound. I hardly ever play sparkly clean but I could not get enough of the clean sound of the 594. Once dialed in it has a deep yet tight low end with a lot of air to it and the high end is actually pretty bright without being to shrill, just a really rich beautiful sound.

Yep smoked chrome on the pickup covers, bridge and tailpiece, tuners and tuner buttons and strap buttons. I’ve always been a big fan of the smoked hardware but they don’t use it very often so it’s difficult to find.

That’s absolutely stunning! Whoever spec’d out this wood library run really hit it out of the park!

I spent some time last night playing through my Mini Dirty Shirley clean and tweaking the pickups and I was surprised that I actually preferred these set a little lower than usual. 3/32 all around except for the bass side neck set at 7/64 seemed to do the trick.

I did some A/B comparisons with my G0 Les Paul and found that the 594 really has its own unique thing going on. In a word I’d describe the 594 as a more complex detailed tone compared to the Les Pauls more straight forward sound. I hardly ever play sparkly clean but I could not get enough of the clean sound of the 594. Once dialed in it has a deep yet tight low end with a lot of air to it and the high end is actually pretty bright without being to shrill, just a really rich beautiful sound.

Eddie’s?

Thought those looked familiar! ;)
6lDer5.jpg

1atn7O.jpg

Glad you fellas are enjoying them. I love all of my children equally but, some of my favorite WL guitars that we've done are in that run.

Cheers

(*edit - also, damn... man, the Satin finishes look really bad ass on this model)

Last edited:
I am proud to finally be able to make a contribution to the 594 love thread after lurking for so long. New to me Satin Wood Library 594 Semi-Hollow! This is honestly the best guitar I have ever played/heard. I was initially thinking I may want to change out the bridge pickup for something hotter but there's no way I'm changing a thing on this, it's absolutely perfect as it.

Tp8gkwE.jpg

1TXGepb.jpg

YKlqjCq.jpg

Your new 594 guitar is MIND-BLOWING!! The Satin Finish paired with that Wood Library top is OFF the hook! I just pulled the trigger today on a Semi Hollow 594. Amazing and mind blowing but that Satin finish looks SOOOO amazing! Congrats!

Last edited:
Nice! The finish and woods on that one just ooze class to me. I agree with you too about the solid body vs semi hollow, I played a few solid body 594’s but the semi hollow just really adds in an extra something to the resonance and deepness of the tone.

Happy NGD, Grob!

Love that thing! It's so nice.

As far as solid vs Semi/Hollow:
I really want a few Semi Hollow and Hollow body guitars but, I play a lot of really high gain music where feedback would be an issue. Plus, that airiness isn't a great sound for that kinda music.

I'm a solid body guy first and foremost but, HBs definitely have their place in my heart

May I introduce the PRS 594 I pulled the trigger on today? It blew me away. I tried the similar solid body 594 that was great, but this Semi-hollow 594 Wood library / Brazilian Fingerboard is incredible. So much air, detail and tonal nuance inside!

fullsizeoutput_3714_zpsycxm7goo.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3710_zpstlbhehe5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_370f_zpsuxijjz5b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3711_zpsctzw35w7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3712_zpsr2frivg9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3713_zps9rjiz0el.jpeg
OMG absolutely gorgeous! Is it Boyd Burst?

OMG absolutely gorgeous! Is it Boyd Burst?

Thanks everyone. I am over the moon!! It is so classy without being overly flashy.

Yes, This is a "Boyd Burst." I never heard of this color before. It is so magnificent in person! In a room filled with heart-stopping PRS showpieces, this one spoke to me. When I asked my rep at the shop to grab a semi-hollow 594 to demo, this is the one he unlocked and selected as the 'one I should try.' I didn't even know it had a Brazilian FB until after I pulled the trigger. As beautiful as it is, the sound and versatility, depth and dimension are what got my attention.

I compared this Semi-hollow 594 WL/Brazilian to an equivalent solid-body double cut 594. This Semi-hollow 594 has more air, sparkle, nuance. I play 'clean and pristine' a lot and usually prefer single coil guitars. This Semi-hollow 594 goes that direction if I want it to, but offers so much more. This is my first PRS and I think I may have spoiled myself forever. ??

fullsizeoutput_3714_zpsycxm7goo.jpeg

Last edited:
Back