The Missing Link - What do you need to make your collection complete?

I wonder who bought Nancy's 12 string? She had it up for sale recently.
Still there… $50k and it’s yours!

I see people listing lots of guitars, or many that aren’t that much different. Honestly, if I get my Silver Sky sorted out, I think I’m done and set for single coils. One “need” I’ve avoided for a long time was for a short scale, thick body, single cut guitar. Going to 11tops house made that very clear. I still need want and love “that” tone. I don’t know for sure how, when or even IF I’ll ever go after one, but I really would love to have one.

And then, just so I fit in better here, I’d like a true hollow body PRS for those tones, and maybe another couple of models of PRS to fill some more narrow gaps.

Koa Hollowbody Santana with Cocobolo sides , Pernambuco neck with Brazillain fretboard , Turquoise birds with pearl outline , coil taps

Last edited:
It's like Lay's potato chips, 'I bet you can't have just one!'
I've gone back and forth. For half the 50+ years I've played electric guitar, I've had only one guitar. Other times, I've had a few, but never more than 5 or 6.

Each situation has its pros and cons.

When I have only one guitar, I find myself thinking more about the music than the gear. That's a good thing.

Concentrating on only one guitar also makes me more involved with the nuances of the guitar. So I'm able to play a little more intuitively without having to think too much, my fingers know better exactly what to do and where to go, and I'm a better player when that happens. Another good thing!

If making music is the ostensible object, and I think it is, having more than one guitar becomes a distraction. I also find maintaining more than one instrument a nuisance.

And yet, I have a handful of guitars. I'd like to remedy that if I can figure out a way to fall out of love with all but one. :rolleyes:

Back