The High Place Phenomenon

I think we need some more details on these “outlandish demands”.

A Nord Electro keyboard showing up in my home without any effort on my part. No driving, no PayPal, no shipping, no haggling, no store salesman or random dude asking me “what rig I’m rockin’?”.... just me sitting here with a glass of wine and a cheese platter, and “poof” there it is.

What is this "gas free" thing that you speak of? Is that really a thing? Is it really possible?

Maybe not indefinitely, but it absolutely can happen, at least with guitars. It’ll shake you when it happens.

It’s a weird space to be in, right?

I’m passing on “good deals”, and not checking what’s for sale as much,.... and when I do find something I’m into, it’s like some obnoxiously priced item (to me).

Maybe this is what true contentment feels like?

And if that contentment begins to wain, try this: Take one of those 17 you don’t play much, keep it in its case for a solid month, and then ship it to yourself. NGD!

If there's anything this forum has taught me, is that's it ok to say you would never do something, and then go and do that thing.

eg:

Les: Never going to change the pedals on my board ..
Serg: Never sell, always buy ...
Hans: Never ... gonna give you up.

If you have a goal, do what you must to realize it. Sacrifices oft need be made.

"It's better to regret something you have done,
Than to regret something you haven't done."
- Butthole Surfers paraphrasing Mark Twain

It is that Metal on Reverb right? Restore that one and it would be legendary. A white PRS metal.

If your dream guitar is this, then it seems attainable.

Nah, no... My fantasy guitar is one of those gold leaf September GOTM PS SC Santana’s.

I envision a world where that’s my only guitar along with the White Westie.... and my “Dimebag” guitars.... well, and my original CE.

.... and maybe like, a fun random purchase I make down the line...

So like, 8-9 guitars. :p

A Nord Electro keyboard showing up in my home without any effort on my part. No driving, no PayPal, no shipping, no haggling, no store salesman or random dude asking me “what rig I’m rockin’?”.... just me sitting here with a glass of wine and a cheese platter, and “poof” there it is...

That’s a pretty sweet proposition, actually.

Yep, I said that out loud, too. :eek:

Ok, so this seals it, for me......DO NOT SELL IT TO HIM. I'm pretty sure we've talked about this in the past. That guitar should not be purple sparkle, even though purple sparkle is rad! Plus, other than the Westie, that axe is YOU!

Well there you go. If Bodia says keep it then ya better keep it! Sounds like he knows you pretty well.

...Plus, you don’t gotta be a Mormon to have a bunch of guitars.

I'm looking for the connection here and I'm just not seeing it. I do have 23 so I guess I qualify.

Look, you are conflating two different questions.

1. Should I sell a guitar I like to my friend?
Answer: If you like the idea of him having it and you having money better than you like having the guitar then yes. If not, no.

2. Should I sell a number of my guitars to fund a fantasy fulfilling guitar?
Answer: If you like the idea of owning a fantasy guitar better than you like the ones you are thinking of selling then yes. If not, no.

Back