Played a Fiore today

ViggoP

I’ve been interested in checking one out for a while now. Found two of them in a guitar store today.

First of all, the neck profile is absolutely sublime. To me, it’s perfect. Close to a DGT neck but it’s a got a little more pronounced soft V shape, a bit less shoulder. Very very comfortable. It’s similar to a MM Luke type of neck. I wasn’t as impressed with the bridge which was a bit sharp on the hand and also floated a few millimeters above the body, which exaggerated the sharp feeling. Maybe that can be fixed or mitigated with a different setup. Other than that, it’s a very nice guitar.

I really wish PRS would use a similar neck profile on more models.

To me, it would have made more sense to put the standard PRS trem on this guitar.
Yeah, I think that would have been a better fit. At least ergonomically. If it would have had the regular PRS trem, I would have bought one instantly.

I played one once.
Aswell a Silver Sky.

In terms of optical appearance the Fiore looks more worthy than the Silver Sky. The haptical feeling of the Fiore was better for my hands, too.

But tonally my 513s don't make my seek both. Those core 513s deliver USA PRS expectations without compromise.
Hence Silver Sky and Fiore have some details, which still appear cheap plastic or metal.

I didn’t. I thought I would before playing it but the bridge put me off. I’m really picky about how my hand rests on the bridge. I still might buy one for that neck though.
If it helps, the Gen III tremolo saddles are the same spacing as Fiore saddles (confirmed by PRS Customer Service). You may get better comfort if you swap them over

If it helps, the Gen III tremolo saddles are the same spacing as Fiore saddles (confirmed by PRS Customer Service). You may get better comfort if you swap them over
Yeah, that might help. I’m sure there’s a set of Highwood saddles that would fit too, to hide the saddle height adjustment screws.
It’s a bit wierd since I usually really like strat style bridges. I grew up playing strats. The issue with the Fiore for me was that the bridge isn’t laying flat against the body like on a strat. I’m aware it’s a personal preference thing.

PRS told me the same thing. But they don’t fit right. The width between the grub screws on the Fiore saddles is slightly wider than both PRS core saddles, and John Mann’s SS SE replacement saddles. On the low and high E, one grub screw will fit into the groove in the plate, but the other does not. It will end up leaning over the edge of the groove, causing the bottom of the screw to not fully contact the plate.

This crappy picture is all I have to try and show it. I’ve since put the original saddles back on.

I tried Mann’s SS SE saddles because from what I can tell, the Fiore uses the same 2 post bridge. But apparently it doesn’t because those saddles did the same thing.

PRS told me the same thing. But they don’t fit right. The width between the grub screws on the Fiore saddles is slightly wider than both PRS core saddles, and John Mann’s SS SE replacement saddles. On the low and high E, one grub screw will fit into the groove in the plate, but the other does not. It will end up leaning over the edge of the groove, causing the bottom of the screw to not fully contact the plate.

This crappy picture is all I have to try and show it. I’ve since put the original saddles back on.

I tried Mann’s SS SE saddles because from what I can tell, the Fiore uses the same 2 post bridge. But apparently it doesn’t because those saddles did the same thing.
Good to know, thanks for correcting this

Good to know, thanks for correcting this
Sure thing. Yeah I was pretty bummed because I’m not a fan of the bent saddles, but it is what it is.

I did swap out the actual grub screws from the core saddles into the bent saddles, because they are also shorter. So now none of them are sticking out of the top of the saddles. So that’s an improvement!

Back