Start:

start.jpg

today

scale130802.jpg

record low so far: 188.5
max loss -12 lbs. (5.99%)

today: 188.5
NEW LOW.. total: -12 lbs. (5.99%)

I've been in the wings lurking at this thread and all of you are an inspiration to me. Besides the fact that y'all have more PRSi's than I do - and nicer ones at that, I'm jealous at the weight loss. So I recently bought into the MediFast program after following a local radio guys blog and reading how he is now 126 lighter than when he started. He was is like me - a Big Ole Boy!

Well the Medifast box sat there for a week before I even opened it. So I finally started it. Today is the end of the first two weeks. I've lost 17lbs (5.24%). Still a very long way to go to reach my goal but I have no time limit. Like someone said before, it's all about calorie intake. I eat less than 1000 a day (for now). Dinner last night was a Shrimp, Mushroom and Asparagus Frittata & a side salad. 9 med shrimp are only 60cal, 3 EggBeater eggs are less than 100cal, and each asparagus are only 3cal. My problem is that I am a total CARB person. I love bread, rice & pasta! But that is strictly off my diet for now. Also off limits for now are fruits and root veggies (potatoes, carrots, etc.) because of the higher sugar content. It's not easy but its also not hard. I can do this!

As far as how this relates to my PRS guitar playing? Well, I've NEVER had to worry about buckle rash on the back of my guitars and I await the day when my guitar strap will seem like it is really the right length.

Thanks all for the kick in the arse and the inspiration.
-g

Keep up the great work guys! Here's the latest. Those who have not sent updates in the last 3 weeks and need to get back in the game are highlighted in RED:

PRSweights2AUG2013_zpse19639fb.jpg

Family reunion last week wrecked everything. I'll get back on track.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;91004 said:
Thank you for doing this for us!
Ditto!

Our tracking with Boeing On The Move comes to a close this Sunday, and I will get my two $50 Amazon gift cards a short time later.
But just because I no longer need to track my steps daily does not mean I will stop walking.
I am enjoying the more energetic feeling of loosing around 10 lbs since starting, and I intend to keep up with the walking and cutting back on fattening foods.
Several months back I started limiting myself to a bowl of ice cream on Friday nights only instead of both Friday and Saturday nights.

Srill hangin' at my new low!

Start:

start.jpg

today

scale130803.jpg

today: 188.5
NEW LOW.. total: -12 lbs. (5.99%)

Start:

start.jpg

today

scale130804.jpg

today: 189.8
Slipped a bit... total: -10.7 lbs. (5.34%)

This will be my last post with photo evidence untill the week of August 26. I should be able to post weights through Saturday - after that, who knows?

Nice work everybody. Here's to us burning down these last few weeks. GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still floating around 240.6-240.8....but cardio will get me into gear. 220 or bust!

Shawn Muthafuggin' Nuthall is the monster. He's up and working out by 0530 every day (0630 if he sleeps late).

I'm happy to keep track of the stats. It helps keep me from falling off the wagon for too long. 45 days to go...

Start: 200.5

today: 189.4

today: 189.4
dropped .4... total: -11.1 lbs. (5.54%)

Man, I would feel like a million dollars if I can drop 20 more to get down to what you are ruger.
I feel much better just dropping the meager 10 lbs so far.

Back