The Color Purple....

My first PRS was a 94-ish (don't remember the exact year) Custom 24, purple. Really wish I hadn't sold that one, also wish I had a better pic of it - only have this one:

aahzzhair.jpg

I swear the guitar is purple....with a nice top, even.

All your guitars are beautiful, Mark. There's one that really grabbed my eye sockets. But as both Jan & Dean and the Beach Boys said, " She's so fine, your 509.....she's so fine your 509......your Fiiiiiive Oh nine! And I call dibs on fullmoons Standard, if he ever grows mentally weak and sells it!

What's the Skitchy mod?

Yes, I’d like to know too please!

Skitchy is the man as we all know.
He came up with a mod to the standard 5 way custom 22/24 switching. Pulling up the tone knob splits both humbucker, giving you the 3 missing single coil combinations that you get from a 408/Paul’s that you don’t get with the custom...neck single, bridge single, both single. The Violet SB p24 has 85/15s, the Ultraviolet PS CU24 has 53/10s...the mod works great with both.

Shortly after Skitchy started doing these mods through PTC the custom 24/08 came out....with the same options...because...you know...minitoggles.

Love the tops on the 20th Anniversary and Number One. The 20th has grid flame! Or perhaps that’s what they call a dirty top.

Back