The “White Tiger” Kingfisher Bass

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Hey Folks,
Figured I’d throw some photos up of a little project I’ve been working on.

This bass has been through the ringer these past few months. I initially tried veneering a beautiful bootmatched piece of Ziricote on top with No luck…I didn’t have the proper tools, and it ended up coming out sub-par by my standards. Moved onto painting the guitar, had a good friend & band-mate who did it (has a spray booth at his work) He did a good job, but it was rushed & not prepped correctly. Lesson learned.
There were some bubbling in areas, and overall I just couldn’t look at it without being disappointed. So what did I do next? Well, I “skinned” it with a vinyl overlay. Anyone who knows me, knows my favorite PRS finishes are White Tiger & Faded Blue Jean. Well since the body & headstock were already painted white…I went with White Tiger!

Swapped out all the hardware for Gold, made a truss rod cover out of “grained ivoroid” casein material (to match the tuner buttons) added some EMG 35’s (painted them white & added tiny PRS decals) and threw a little “PS” vinyl decal on the headstock. Finished it off with Optima Gold strings, and you have what some may see as the most Gawdy PRS bass around!

Lastly, I’d like to apologize to anyone who may feel offended by the Private Stock decal. Please know that this guitar is staying with me forever, and there’s ZERO chance I could/would ever pass this off as anything other than an import PRS model. I actually have a Gary Grainger on the way, my dream bass! So needless to say, this one will be my wedding/outdoor gig bass.
Check it out!
IhOAZv7.jpg

Q3xgksu.jpg

IBdr6DS.jpg

z9CN64j.jpg

y3HdK5c.jpg

Back