Still thinking 408

Good to know the 9s are working.
I much prefer them over 10s.

I hereby changed my mind :D
Not the guitar, but the color.

I think the natural sides, back, and neck are going to pop more with the Jade Green.
The more I see the Jade, the more I like it.

Called my dealer up today and had him change the order, so it will look like this.
http://willcuttguitars.com/paul-reed-smith/mccarty/prs-mccarty-58-green-324

189324-2up.jpg

Well dagnabbit, screwed over :D
My dealer just called me a few minutes ago to inform me that PRS emailed him and said the Jade colored guitars have to be sprayed with a Jade neck, sides, and back.
Whats up with that?
I have seen other Jade guitars with the natural sides, back and neck.\

He is emailing them back to let them know I will take the Antique Natural again since it comes looking like the picture I posted above for the sides, back, and neck.

How do you get Jade then with the natural color?
Artist, Private Stock???

I do not understand why it cannot be sprayed like the above guitar.

Question:
On the color page for the 408 MT, it says coming soon for the Antique Natural.
http://www.prsguitars.com/408/colors.php

Does this mean the color is not available yet to spray on the guitar, so my order might be delayed?
Or just that they have not uploaded a color swatch yet to the page?
If so, I want to change my order then to get the guitar sooner.
And if so, what other colors do they have where you can have the natural lighter color for the back, sides, and the neck?

Question:
On the color page for the 408 MT, it says coming soon for the Antique Natural.

Does this mean the color is not available yet to spray on the guitar, so my order might be delayed?
Or just that they have not uploaded a color swatch yet to the page?
If so, I want to change my order then to get the guitar sooner.
And if so, what other colors do they have where you can have the natural lighter color for the back, sides, and the neck?

The more you change things, the longer it takes! If you want something right now ask Skip or Tony to see the "Availability List" There might be something on it you like!

Well, I hope I do not have to change the order again.
I am just curious why PRS does not show the color swatch on their site.
I was really wanting the jade color until we were told I would have to go private stock or artist to get it with the natural back, sides, and neck.

Call Brent at The Guitar Shop. Yes it is in Canada but he ships and I'm positive he will get you what you want without hassle. He even answers emails on Sundays . One more thing, the guy loves prs and goes to them to pick his own wood out.

Thanks, but Shawn said mine is being built, not to much longer until it ships to my local dealer.
Plus I put coin down on it for him to order it.

I wish I could get a straight answer from my dealer when my new one will even be built. First said maybe march or maybe April . Noticing how I didn't say what I actually ordered. Shawn knows lol .

They told me four months at the latest, but if Shawn said mine was being built, I have no idea how long it takes from start to finish.
Then when they ship it, it takes exactly seven days to get to my dealer.

The only thing the dealer will have to do is change out the 10s for 9s, then do a complete setup on it, then I can pick it up the following day.

This will be far the most expensive guitar I have ever bought :D

They told me four months at the latest, but if Shawn said mine was being built, I have no idea how long it takes from start to finish.
Then when they ship it, it takes exactly seven days to get to my dealer.

The only thing the dealer will have to do is change out the 10s for 9s, then do a complete setup on it, then I can pick it up the following day.

This will be far the most expensive guitar I have ever bought :D

I feel even with it being the most expensive purchase, it's going to be well worth it. I'm going to keep the bigger gauge strings ( again a dead give away if said lol) . I used to play 12's and 13's and loved them. Heavier gauge don't bother me .

Last edited:
Congrats on your order, look forward to your NGD thread in a few months. Don't sweat whether there's a pic available on the PRAs website for the finish, if you specifically ordered it and that's what your sales people communicated to PRS, then that's all that matters IMHO.

Thanks guy's, cannot wait to get it.
The pickups on this thing sound very cool to experiment with.

Down the road I am thinking about upgrading my new SE Tremonti Custom with Mark's USA pups too.

Corey,

I believe that quilt may be an up charge from 10 top, maybe not. But it does have to be specified. 10 tops are flame unless you specify.

The antique natural is cool. I like the burst a bit better if that is the color you have settled on. Again, the burst needs to be specified. I don't think they decide one way or another for you. If you want the burst, you gotta tell them.

I'm anxious to see your new baby too. keep us posted!

Thanks Ruger.
Which Burst?

At this point, I do not want to ask for anymore changes, and I think it is being built now, at least I hope it is.
My dealer also told me most of the MT he asks for are usually what he would consider a 9.5 top.
I am hoping that is what I get.

I will for sure start a NGD thread once it arrives.
Hope to have my cabinet by then too so I can get some good pics of it up on top of it.
Cabinet should be worked on this week I think, the guy had a kitchen set to do before me.

Thanks Ruger.
Which Burst?
At this point, I do not want to ask for anymore changes, and I think it is being built now, at least I hope it is.
My dealer also told me most of the MT he asks for are usually what he would consider a 9.5 top.
I am hoping that is what I get.

Oh, I misread. I thought you ordered a 10 top. Your non-10 top will be flame. This is the burst I was thinking of:

But you have to imagine it as a flame top and not quilt.

That is pretty looking.
I just hope mine looks great.
I think the 10 top was a $400 option, not sure.

I have seen some non 10 top 408s at his store, and a P24 when I was picking up my SE Custom 24 when it came in, they looked very nice for not being 10 toppers.

Thanks.
I was able to view a backside shot of the above guitar in better lighting, and the lighter color gets my approval.

2013_prs_paul_reed_smith_p-22_old_antique_natural_electric_guitar_1319092-4.jpg

Back