Still thinking 408

Having never played a USA built PRS yet, I am hoping to get blown away by it since the SEs play so nice.

Hey Corey. Did I read that right? You've never played a US PRS? Not even in a store? Oh wow. You are going to be blown away.

Thanks John.

Egads, yep, never played a USA one.
My dealer has a few in stock that I saw in January the last time I was in there to put down my deposit, but I never played one.
Was kind of a hurry then.

Dealer called me on my way home from work, says it looks very nice, and it will be ready when I drop by first thing when they open up tomorrow morning.
Getting prepared to be blown away.

images_maninchair.jpg

Congrats in advance, I know you're gonna love it.

The 408s by the way...just great pickups. But the guitars themselves are magic!

I've worked my @$$ off for over the past 15 years to get myself in a position to where I could finally purchase, on my terms, the guitar that I wanted. I fell in love with the Private Stock Signature Limited that was the first to feature the 408 pickups. But there's no way I could afford one. My dealer told me to be patient, because he was pretty certain that in short order they'd make a production model. He was right, and I've trusted him and his judgment ever since. But the delivery of this guitar is, quite literally, the culmination of half a lifetime's hard work and dreams. No, that's not hyperbole. I'm sure there are plenty of other folks 'round these parts who can empathize

Oh yes, and I'm one of them.

Getting something you've wanted and worked hard to get is a wonderful thing, one of life's pleasures. And waiting is hard. Definitely!

When you're in the music business (as I am) you never know the future, and a PRS is a sizable investment. But when it comes, a special day happens. I wish you the best with yours.

Well, five hours to go :D
Slept OK, just glad I decided to take today off.
Nothing like a four dayer to catch up on some playing.

I am glad your day has finally arrived Corey! I have been following your emotions the whole way through this thread, and I know this is gonna be a great day for you!! Congrats in advance and let us know what you think after this weekend of playing. And some pictures would be awesome too!!

Wow this day is huge for you! I can definitely empathize with your situation and want to congratulate you on your hard work. I've also recently found myself in a position to purchase some newer nicer gear from the work I've done for the past 15 years. I know how it feels bro and I'm super excited for your upcoming weekend!

I know you'll let us know how it goes... :biggrin:

Back