Songs that get ya - right - there...

I still remember the first time I heard this song, lying on the floor of the only apartment I ever lived in, late at night with headphones on. The album was about 10 years old by then, and I'd only ever heard "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" and "Paradise By The Dashboard Lights". This song caught me by surprise, and it's one of my favorites from the album.

Oh, and this electric guitar version of "Ohio"... man is Neil's tone just brutal on this cut!

Ok, maybe this is a little corny, but hearing Rush perform Jacobs Ladder for the first time in, well, forever, on their "farewell" tour was an experience. I was lucky enough to be 12 rows in front of Alex for this show in Chicago.

They are so great. I got to see them play it on their Natural Science tour. (They also played early versions of Tom Sawyer and Limelight).

I love guitar but voice dominates. This lady (may she live for a long long time) will be spoken off like Prince and Bowie. What voice and creative spark, I love all of her work. Its actually the only music I buy these days.

This is a song that comes alive with the Spanish guitar, Enjoy!

".....I'll balance this sequey into the finer arts by saying my phone alarm is still acdc 'hard as a rock', and the wife and kids take the P*ss every morning by going, "D' nnninnnaaa nanna nanna nanna aaa" every freeking morning ;)

Here's another one for me. This one, it's the guitar solo that makes a strong impression. I talked to Nalle Colt about this at a bit of length after one show. To me, it's so perfect - such a masterful display of restraint. As many times as I've heard it, I still expect him to announce his presence on the first beat of the solo, like 99% of players (myself included) would do. Instead, he lets the tension build and the entry is subdued and glorious. That particular night, he played an extended version of the solo that was jaw-dropping. I did record a version of this, and it took numerous tries to get comfortable with waiting to enter for the solo.

Here's another one for me. This one, it's the guitar solo that makes a strong impression. I talked to Nalle Colt about this at a bit of length after one show. To me, it's so perfect - such a masterful display of restraint. As many times as I've heard it, I still expect him to announce his presence on the first beat of the solo, like 99% of players (myself included) would do. Instead, he lets the tension build and the entry is subdued and glorious. That particular night, he played an extended version of the solo that was jaw-dropping. I did record a version of this, and it took numerous tries to get comfortable with waiting to enter for the solo.

These guys are just so good!

That was sweet. Thanks mate.
I really liked the video.

Thank you. He had cancer; it came back with a vengeance and quite quickly. He was our sax player and his sole function in life was to demonstrate that I'll never be as cool as him.

Back