Impossible to get covers of PRS pickups

Oooh, if he was holding the tool over the pickup while cutting, that could have done something.

Not sure the heat would do anything, after all the giant soldier blob takes a ton of heat to put on or take off.

It was some time ago.

I just remember him replacing the pickups due to loss of signal.

He was sure that he wouldn’t use an angle grinder again to break the solder.

Next time he removed covers, he had me hold a Stanley blade with pliers, whilst he used a solder iron to heat it up to break the solder.

I did it!

A Stanley/utility knife, rocking back and forth, cut right through the solder, no problem.

Replaced the A2 with rough cast A4….so far, I love it. Brighter, stringier…the guitar now has the POP and snap that I hoped it would.

Incredible. Highly recommended!

I did it!

A Stanley/utility knife, rocking back and forth, cut right through the solder, no problem.

Replaced the A2 with rough cast A4….so far, I love it. Brighter, stringier…the guitar now has the POP and snap that I hoped it would.

Incredible. Highly recommended!
Too bad about the hassle with the covers but so great that it worked out so well.

Changing the A2 to roughcast A4 is definitely a thought for my S2 594 SC with 58/15 S (non LT). Have been thinking about a pickup switch but going the A4 might be just the trick.

Back