The Wise Crowd

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
I saw this list today and though y'all might enjoy seeing it as well. I don't know when the list was compiled, but I know Willie Nelson's 90th birthday was in April '23 if I recall correctly, so it is accurate within a year or so.

OldestMusiciansStillGigging_2024.jpg

My goal is to live to be 1,000 moons old (which happens about two months shy of your 81st birthday)! I just want to be able to say, in all honesty and with a weary old man's voice "I have lived under a thousand moons!" ;~)) If you want to calculate your moon age, and figure out when you will turn 1000 moons old, you can do so at my website using a calculator I wrote in 1996 (it has been on the web that entire time, so 28 years now): https://moondogwily.com/lunaclock/
Do note, this calculator was written many years ago and is not yet optimized for cell phones, so you will have to do some zooming/unzooming to use it on a small screen. Verson 3.0 will address that and some other features will be added hopefully later this year ;~))

There are of course additions to this list, feel free to add below! Notice that Carlos is just a kid in this grouping, among the youngest to make the list!

A few of those names on this, worth a watch if you haven’t already

Quincy Jones is a clever music producer.
I will definitely check that out! Thanks for the heads up!! My favorite story (that I have heard to this point so far) about that session is Stevie Wonder telling Bob Dylan he had to sound more like Bob Dylan when he did his part!!! Priceless ;~)) I am sure I will get some new insights after I check this out!

I will definitely check that out! Thanks for the heads up!! My favorite story (that I have heard to this point so far) about that session is Stevie Wonder telling Bob Dylan he had to sound more like Bob Dylan when he did his part!!! Priceless ;~)) I am sure I will get some new insights after I check this out!

Yeah poor Bob looked terrified and totally out of his depth.

There may be snow on the roof but there's still fire down below, I hopefully start my 70th this summer and have no intention of stopping as long as I'm able . Planning on a couple of 25th annivesary builds with very special woods I've stashed away .

There may be snow on the roof but there's still fire down below, I hopefully start my 70th this summer and have no intention of stopping as long as I'm able . Planning on a couple of 25th annivesary builds with very special woods I've stashed away .
25th Anniversary of what, being a luthier? Whatever the case, I can't wait to see them when they come off the Greywolf press ;~))

A few of those names on this, worth a watch if you haven’t already

Quincy Jones is a clever music producer.
Thanks again for recommending that! Although I have never really loved the song (it's OK IMO), the story behind it and the footage/audio are awesome to watch. And you are right about Dylan, soooooooo out of his element, they had to clear the room ;~))

Back