Songs that get ya - right - there...

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Music is such a wonderful thing. It can evoke every emotion, most of the time many at the same time.

I haven't been playing very much lately. Life has gotten in the way and I just haven't made time. But I made a promise to myself a couple of weeks ago. I have all these beautiful guitars and I haven't been playing them. Worse, I've slacked off so long, I've forgotten so much.

I had to either get back into it or admit I'm just too busy/lazy/unmotivated to justify having them.

So, I picked a song that just rips into my soul and massages my heart so hard it makes me cry every time I hear it, and committed myself to teach it to myself. I've been working on it all afternoon and have a passable fingerpicked rendition. No, it's not ready for prime time. Besides, playing it is just too ... personal .

But it is so special, I want to share it with you guys, with everyone.

Do you have a song that crushes you emotionally?

Music is such a wonderful thing. It can evoke every emotion, most of the time many at the same time.

I haven't been playing very much lately. Life has gotten in the way and I just haven't made time. But I made a promise to myself a couple of weeks ago. I have all these beautiful guitars and I haven't been playing them. Worse, I've slacked off so long, I've forgotten so much.

I had to either get back into it or admit I'm just too busy/lazy/unmotivated to justify having them.

So, I picked a song that just rips into my soul and massages my heart so hard it makes me cry every time I hear it, and committed myself to teach it to myself. I've been working on it all afternoon and have a passable fingerpicked rendition. No, it's not ready for prime time. Besides, playing it is just too ... personal .

I'm right with you on this one, in particular. This song is so special and timeless, I can't help but feel lifted and humbled at the same time...almost as if I just want to sit and enjoy it's every essence.

It's amazing the way music can really take hold and evoke emotion, feeling, and memories. It's truly food for the soul.

In the spirit of sharing music, this one definitely resonates with me.

And then there's this one....

Last edited:

The wife's family has a cabin (read...deer hunting shack) in northern Wisconsin. I like to sit out on the peer at night, with the stars out, and listen to this song. Haven't been there in a few years, but in that setting, it seems even more special.

Last edited:

You can argue that the Mayfield/Impressions vocals are better...to me the combo of Rod's voice and Jeff's guitar gives me chills

I spent a bit of time this month on some Patsy Cline: Crazy, Walkin' After Midnight, She's Got You...

I haven't heard them for years, but I always thought they had a great feel to them.

So many, but these come to mind immediately:

(okay, not really the same "right there" that you were thinking of -- that one gets me in the...

...libido)

Last edited:
So many great tunes, here's 3 composed by Stevie Wonder.

*Props Tosca on the Bonnie "I can't make you love me", well written tune.

Eula by baroness
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The last baron, mastodon

Helio)))sophist

Wrist of Kings by Isis (not a fan of their comeback tour in Syria tho)

Anything from Volta's first album

And this from Neurosis

Also non guitar related, all of Chopins nocturnes

A generational talent...and tragedy.

Absolutely.

From a man with two beautiful daughters, I get teary-eyed listening to the joy of this:

Even without daughters, that song gets me. Stevie is also my exception to the rule on harmonica and that song is a prime example, what a beautiful part! Actually that whole double album gives me all the feels. I don't think a 4th of July has gone by where I haven't listened to Black Man.

Back