Silver Sky SE maple + new colors released

the only reason I still haven’t bought a Silver Sky (USA or SE) is that the colours are stupid. These don’t change that. C’mon PRS, make a good looking one!

I know this is by design, since John Mayer wants these to be the Tesla of stratocasters. But Teslas are ugly. In every colour.

Me too. The Pewter was the first color of his Fender Signature Strat, I believe. I had one of the 7Up Green ones back in the late 80s.
Hands down the outlander grey is my favorite too! Makes me wanna sell my moon white (banana yellow) and buy the grey w/maple and the black w/rosewood and swap the necks. But the grey birds on the grey one kinda had me drooling.

I gotta say it. I’ve had a US version SS and the SE, and the SE is lacking nothing especially at nearly a 3rd the price. Now with these maple boards…forgetaboutit!

It would totally have to be purple. My lovely wife’s obsessively favorite color, and makes for a fine looking guitar.
Well there you have it! A purple one has already been pre-approved by the missus. That’s like having 90% of the battle won before the first shots are fired! I for one think it’s a sign. ;)

Hands down the outlander grey is my favorite too! Makes me wanna sell my moon white (banana yellow) and buy the grey w/maple and the black w/rosewood and swap the necks. But the grey birds on the grey one kinda had me drooling.

I gotta say it. I’ve had a US version SS and the SE, and the SE is lacking nothing especially at nearly a 3rd the price. Now with these maple boards…forgetaboutit!
Sounds like a plan. Get on it!

This is what is making me think of returning the American one and buying two SE's, one with rosewood and one with maple. I would still save $1,000 with that transaction.

This is what is making me think of returning the American one and buying two SE's, one with rosewood and one with maple. I would still save $1,000 with that transaction.
I agree. And still $ to save on locking tuners and swap pickups if you wish for one to sound different. And still would be saving plenty of money.

I prefer everything about the SE except the pickups.

I like the tremolo better, I love the neck shape and fingerboard radius and frets. The tuners are funny looking but work beautfully.

But when it comes to the pickups I like those on the Core Silver Sky better. They remind me more of the early 60's Strats I've owned.

So I swapped them for pickups I like better in both of my SE's.

I have Strats. "Parts-o-casters" but they're excellent with Duncan Custom Shop pickups and MIJ bodies and necks.

But once i got my two SE's sounding the way I wanted them to, I stopped playing my Strats..

the only reason I still haven’t bought a Silver Sky (USA or SE) is that the colours are stupid. These don’t change that. C’mon PRS, make a good looking one!

I know this is by design, since John Mayer wants these to be the Tesla of stratocasters. But Teslas are ugly. In every colour.
You don't like Moon White? That's the color i wanted but David at Starr's guitars let me play every SE and Core SS in the store and it was undeniable: the green SE sustained longer and had a deeper, more resonant tone.

So that's the one that went home with me.

A few months later I found a Luna White that sounded just as good.

You don't like Moon White? That's the color i wanted but David at Starr's guitars let me play every SE and Core SS in the store and it was undeniable: the green SE sustained longer and had a deeper, more resonant tone.

So that's the one that went home with me.

A few months later I found a Luna White that sounded just as good.

Moon White ain’t the worst, but it’s too Yngwie Malmsteen for me. Makes me want to stamp a duck sticker in there somewhere…The Frost White or Arctic White or whatever it is called is my favorite one. I’d probably buy that one, but only because it’s basically a non-colour. :)

I played a USA Silver Sky again yesterday at a guitar store. Midnight Rose with a maple board. Best sounding strat I ever played but it looked liked my wife’s evening purse.

Moon White ain’t the worst, but it’s too Yngwie Malmsteen for me. Makes me want to stamp a duck sticker in there somewhere…The Frost White or Arctic White or whatever it is called is my favorite one. I’d probably buy that one, but only because it’s basically a non-colour. :)

I played a USA Silver Sky again yesterday at a guitar store. Midnight Rose with a maple board. Best sounding strat I ever played but it looked liked my wife’s evening purse.
I've always loved white strats. I have one that I made into a Tele/Strat.

My Moon White SE Silver Sky with the Chubtone 61 pickups looks like Jeff Beck's strats.

Except for the awkward looking peghead. ;)

Back