NGD Silver Sky SE Maple

nicotele

NGD Silver Sky SE Maple in Grey.

These Maple SS SE are really gorgeous looking. And the guitar itself is great.

I had a Rosewood in Yellow before, and when I saw the colors of the Maple ones, I knew would grab one sooner or later.

PRs is absolutely killing it with the SE line. The Silver Sky is fantstc, the DGT is outstanding, Paul's Guitar SE amazing as well. Haven't tried the 594 yet, but I'm sure is awesome. And now the current CE and SAS are really cool too.

Looking forward for the Fiore SE at some point. And the tele style ones as well.

em1sPA8.jpg

WANygP0.jpg

904Oe5h.jpg

rqYLfDc.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! I too had (still have) a moon white rosewood one, and that convinced me to try a maple one -- picked up a nylon blue a few weeks ago when they were on sale at GC for $650. Love them both.

That’s a great color and I have been contemplating pickup that very one. I already have a brushed silver pickguard for it and am going to load it with an EMG Gilmour set. I have been playing my green/rosewood SE SS more than my other guitars and even did a recording session with it last week. It’s a killer guitar, not even for the money. I bought to rehearsal for our church Christmas production and let the other guitar player play it and he was hooked immediately. When the SS came out I hated it and never thought I would ever play one but they really hit it on the head with these.

That’s a great color and I have been contemplating pickup that very one. I already have a brushed silver pickguard for it and am going to load it with an EMG Gilmour set. I have been playing my green/rosewood SE SS more than my other guitars and even did a recording session with it last week. It’s a killer guitar, not even for the money. I bought to rehearsal for our church Christmas production and let the other guitar player play it and he was hooked immediately. When the SS came out I hated it and never thought I would ever play one but they really hit it on the head with these.
Yeah, the thing with the SS is that first time looks so weird a strat with a PRS headstock, and also it felt just like a strat copy at first glance, which for PRS you expect more.
But once you play it you inmediatley notice is a different animal. There are so much details involved that really gives a very different experience to play than a regular strat. The first time I got the Core I really noticed how great of a guitar it was.
For me now this is a modern classic instrument, and is fantastic. Different enough of a regular strat to have both, or to like one and not the other or viceversa. Thats why many people who dont like strats have liked the SS.

I love both, and Im happy with either, a vintage style strat or a SS. There are things of each I prefer. But the playability of the SS is just amazing, like all PRS actually. Strats tend to fight you hehe.

I have a few nice Strats including my #1 which I custom built for myself. The SS is a different animal as you say. I can see myself owning a core one but the SE is so good there is no rush. Plus I have already modded mine up and made it mine.

I have a few nice Strats including my #1 which I custom built for myself. The SS is a different animal as you say. I can see myself owning a core one but the SE is so good there is no rush. Plus I have already modded mine up and made it mine.
Exactly! I owned the SS core, and the SE really is fantastic already.

I like how on the gray one the inlays match the body color. :cool:
Yep, thats what I also liked very much on this one. Normally woulnd't choose a gray guitar, but this one looked good with the gray and how it complements the inlays, tuners and truss ros cover.

love it! I'm shopping hard for another SE while the sale is on and I'm going to have to try one of these out!! luckily I have a PRS dealer within walking distance:) My #1 is a 96 Inca Silver Fender Strat and it's one of my favorite colors.

Charles

love it! I'm shopping hard for another SE while the sale is on and I'm going to have to try one of these out!! luckily I have a PRS dealer within walking distance:) My #1 is a 96 Inca Silver Fender Strat and it's one of my favorite colors.

Charles

Awesome! Yeah, with the 20% off it’s a Geary chance to grab them new. And the SE in general are really good. I’m a big fan, and I e owned many cores and even the core counter part
That Inca silver strat must be a really nice!

I do glove in the us but there was a Black Friday deal here, 15%. And decided to grab one. The maple one just looks so good I think.

Back