Silver Sky SE maple + new colors released

Alas no red with a maple neck. If you pre-order now you may get one this millenia. I'm still waiting on my SE DGT I ordered in December
Why settle for a pre-order? Wait. I’m sure dealers will list when they have unclaimed for sales within weeks of their release. It’s a sure faster way to buy a guitar than being stuck on a list that may roll you over for months

Alas no red with a maple neck. If you pre-order now you may get one this millenia. I'm still waiting on my SE DGT I ordered in December

Agree with above. Why pre-order? pick one up from the many dealers that will have them in stock. Without preordering you could have a SE DGT by now. Even used ones are available.

Last edited:
I will be honest with you, I love my Silver Sky. But with saying that, it might be a much better choice to buy a Silver Sky SE with a rosewood neck and a second one with a maple neck instead of one core Silver Sky.

Last edited:
I will be honest with you, I love my Silver Sky. But with saying that, it might be a much better choice to buy a Silver Sky SE with a rosewood neck and a second one with a maple neck instead of one core Silver Sky.
I think my SE Silver Skys are the equal of the USA made Silver Skys except for the pickups.

Just as it is with all SE's, the SE Silver Sky pickups don't have quite the tone and vibe of the USA version.

The SE pickups are very good but if you've owned vintage Strats (and I have: '54, '57, '63...) you're going to want to hear that sound.

So I changed the pickups in my SE's to Chubtone 61's.

There's so many great pickup makers these days that when it comes to tone, there's no excuse for settling for second best.

And if i do decide to get a maple board SE Silver Sky I have a set of Chubtone 61's ready and waiting.

I feel like I have to say one more time though that the SE Silver Sky pickups are quite good.

Last edited:
Well the SE pickups has a little bit of a warmer sound. Many might prefer that as the guitar tone does not sound as thin.

Back