Show your PRS guitar wear!

Cody Canada:

42782791_2308724365823023_4569244371379027968_n.jpg

42939536_2312566418772151_3744822534168641536_n.jpg

One day when I hung up the phone by gravitating it towards a wall, the battery wanted to say hello to my new CE24 (had it 3 months when this happened):

img_9204.jpg

I tend to rest my finger tips on the body when not powdering picks on the lower strings, so this is where the satin finish started getting glossy:
img_9154.jpg

Clear coat/pick scratches on my SE Singlecut:
IMG_9081.jpg

A few traces of palm muting:
img_9129.jpg

Sorry, not really much "tear and wear" so far. I'm working on it. xD

Last edited:
She’s a 1990, but she looked hardly played when I bought her 2 1/2 years ago. Kinda cool to think I did most of this myself! She polishes up well, just dirtier than usual at the moment.

The pits...
phNmPiu.jpg

The nicks...
l0VkSRA.jpg

I stink, but I play up the neck anyway...
aLdTRt7.jpg

But yeah, cowboy chords have been played...
a7v2zpK.jpg

And the A box...
VvqikCN.jpg

Extended A box too...
Qj96cfN.jpg

The one time I played it with my ring on, lol
89ioOUb.jpg

mrcleangig2014.jpg

Here’s both attire and wear! Mr. Clean started life as a test platform for nearly every PRS pickup on the planet, and then some, so in the process of swapping pups, it acquired a bit of “patina”. The trem cover was pulled today to adjust the claw tension and it was a linty mess! Probably glued in from playing every smokey bar in Indiana since the day I got her. This V12 finish still looks smokin’ good, so there’s no need for close-ups...
mrcleanplate.jpg

I do wonder, hypothetically if you keep a PRS unplayed for 50 years, sheltered from light and humidity, how would it look.

Or would there be yellowing of lacquer, dulling of color, other signs of age. In other words would it look the best of both worlds - vintage old instrument but in perfect condition.

Or are PRS guitars destined to look new forever.

Oh well, only another 45 years to go to find out.
Mine hasn't seen it's PRS case in 14 yrs. Oh, I have it, but it just never resides in it. After all that time of daily UV, constant temp and humidity and playing, It shows no fading at all. Compared to photos of the day I bought it, it appears identical color wise.

Or are PRS guitars destined to look new forever

This was the point when I opened this thread one year ago. If it looks new forever, it's cool because PRS developed a finish that last long and keeps your guitar away from aging. But it's also not cool because my guitar doesn't age and I do. I want my guitars to age with me, to tell "my story".

Back