Show your pedal boards here!

Tinkering with my board for the first time in a long while. Bumped my Spark Mini and swapped out the Flashback X4 for my treasured Ibanez AD99. Testing out a prototype OD from Lemon Sundrop Electronics.

I think eventually I'll create two different boards: one geared towards do-it-all cover gigs and one geared for blues/classic rock.

25E1sfO.jpg

Thanks! I’ll check those out. I kinda hate to “waste” a space for a tuner.

Your H9 has a built-in tuner that’s accurate to within a tenth of a cent, and is accessed either by pressing both switches down, or from the app. I’ve taken my other tuners off the board to lighten it and make room for other stuff.

Here’s a work-in-progress shot of the new Schmidt Array pedalboard; this one’s equipped with their 6 I/O patchbay. The Mission expression pedal connects to the H9, and I have its toe switch set to switch on the H9’s tuner. One of the patchbay inputs is connected via TRS to the Suhr Alexa chorus/vibrato, so I can plug in a second expression pedal, a “once in a while” thing.

My current thought is to add a second H9, but I’m holding off until I’m sure.

e48e6aQ.jpg

Here’s a shot of the empty board with the hinged second tier open, showing the patchbay (lower right). All of the jacks are TRS, but they work with standard TS plugs as well. The yellow and green jacks are normalled.

There’s space underneath the upper tier for power supplies, pedals you don’t need to access much, buffers, etc.

In addition to the upper tier being able to stay open to work inside the board, the lower tier snaps out for easy access. In this shot, the board is sitting in the unzipped nylon carrying case I ordered with the board (I didn’t want a hard lid to find a place to stow in my studio, since I don’t tour). The metal rod lets the upper tier supports move out of the way to give custom access to cables and plugs, but holds them in place once they’re in a position you like:

4yTU6cx.jpg

The pic also shows the AC inlet that came with an IEC adaptor, and the two rechargeable batteries with USB connections that operate two LED lights that were included, or can even recharge a cell phone, etc. Hey, you never know when you’ll need to charge something at a gig!

The pedal order is Pettyjohn Lift (Buffer plus boost) > Suhr Kokoboost > Pettyjohn Pettydrive 2 > Pettyjohn Filter EQ > Suhr Koji Compressor > Suhr Jackrabbit Trem > Suhr Alexa > Eventide H9.

Power is supplied by a Voodoo Labs Mondo. I run the Pettydrive and the Filter at 18 Volts (optional with these pedals). Cabling is Van den Hul for the pedal interconnects, and Evidence Audio for the connections to the patchbay I/O (the company I got the Van den Hul from stopped terminating the cables the way I prefer).

The little switch changes channels on a Mesa Lone Star (and is connected to an output of the patchbay also), but my main amps are PRS’ single-channel HXDA and DG30. The patchbay has a normalled effects loop built in that’ll go between the two H9s to accommodate a Fulltone tape echo. I also have a second loop switcher and amp switcher, both from Lehle, on the top of a rack near my amps, along with a Suhr buffer that passes signal from the switcher to the amps, and has a second, isolated outlet for plugging in additional amps, tuners, or whatever else seems like a good idea at the moment.

The board is easily able to accommodate most any need, and what’s also great is that it weighs about half of my previous board that was made from heavy Baltic birch ply. Yet it’s every bit as strong, especially with the supports for the upper tier, etc.

It came from Germany, so I had to be patient waiting for it.

Last edited:
Just realized I never took a photo of my pedalboard from last year when I redid the whole thing. That’s too bad, I put a fare amount of work into cable routing for it. Oh well, it all’s apart anyways now that I’ve moved to older rack gear.

in a perfect world, yes ;)

With a rig like that? Gotta have roadies.

You don’t want to start the gig all sweaty and dirty! You want to walk onto the stage nice and fresh, have your tech hand you a perfectly tuned guitar, have your own sound guy feed just the right mix into your in-ears, and blow the crowd’s mind with your dazzling chops!

Am I right?

(Never allow reality to interfere with a good fantasy!)

With a rig like that? Gotta have roadies.

You don’t want to start the gig all sweaty and dirty! You want to walk onto the stage nice and fresh, have your tech hand you a perfectly tuned guitar, have your own sound guy feed just the right mix into your in-ears, and blow the crowd’s mind with your dazzling chops!

Am I right?

(Never allow reality to interfere with a good fantasy!)
Hell no, you couldn't be more right!!! :) ;) :D
That's just the way it should be! Working hard on it hehe

Been working on this the last couple of days; messed with the patchbay connections, added a second H9. Works and sounds great! I’m not sure what else I need to add, but with pedalboards, it’s always good to have a little extra space:

VRVRlCv.jpg
very true. a little extra space can never hurt ;) (and will probably not last all that long...) :p
Nice board, though!!!

Been working on this the last couple of days; messed with the patchbay connections, added a second H9. Works and sounds great! I’m not sure what else I need to add, but with pedalboards, it’s always good to have a little extra space:

VRVRlCv.jpg
Something to aspire to!

I’ve started the slippery slope of pedals. I’m now the proud owner of a Tech 21 - NYC Oxford. It works very nicely with the lead channel on the tube amp (almost like a boost).

OD/Fuzz tube screamer next, some sort of delay and chorus. Maybe another boost pedal, a chorus/harmoniser and a Wah!

Really digging the Eventide H9 reviews! Thanks Les.:D

Something to aspire to!

I’ve started the slippery slope of pedals. I’m now the proud owner of a Tech 21 - NYC Oxford. It works very nicely with the lead channel on the tube amp (almost like a boost).

OD/Fuzz tube screamer next, some sort of delay and chorus. Maybe another boost pedal, a chorus/harmoniser and a Wah!

Really digging the Eventide H9 reviews! Thanks Les.:D

You’re in the soup now, brother! Enjoy the ride, it’s fun (mostly). :)

Back